portable solar panels

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I got mine from there also but they weren't folding, seem ok so far and another member also bought from them too.....might of been Capt. Gadget? Anyway there is a thread on solar panels, just search and I'm sure you'll find it.

cheers.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
I got mine from there also but they weren't folding, seem ok so far and another member also bought from them too.....might of been Capt. Gadget? Anyway there is a thread on solar panels, just search and I'm sure you'll find it.

cheers.

Thanks Burnsey, but couldn't find anything on portable solar so thought I would ask

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
xpanda,

We purchased the 200W folding panels from Low Energy Developments for $379 at the time. Really happy with the panels.

Have also bypassed the supplied solar regulator and connected them directly to the CTEK DC-DC MPPT charger. The supplied regulator only got the batteries to about 80%.

Ran 6B&S cable from the CTEK and out through the A-Frame to a red anderson plug, then have a 5 metre 6B&S cable with red anderson plugs to run to the portable solar panel. This limits voltage drop from the panel to the CTEK MPPT
charge/regulator.

Have also made a security cable from UV stabilised clear coated stainless cable from Bunnings. This is the stuff you find in the shade sail area! If they have bolt cutters, then they can have the panel - it is designed as a deterrent, but gives us full flexibility to move the panels around to maximise the sun, but also knowing they are secured.

Hope this helps!

Rohan

Reactions: xpanda

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
xpanda,

We purchased the 200W folding panels from Low Energy Developments for $379 at the time. Really happy with the panels.

Have also bypassed the supplied solar regulator and connected them directly to the CTEK DC-DC MPPT charger. The supplied regulator only got the batteries to about 80%.

Ran 6B&S cable from the CTEK and out through the A-Frame to a red anderson plug, then have a 5 metre 6B&S cable with reg anderson plugs to run to the portable solar pane. This limits voltage drop from the panel to the CTEK MPPT
charge/regulator.

Have also made a security cable from UV stabilised clear coated stainless cable from Bunnings. This is the stuff you find in the shade sail area! IF they have bolt cutters, then they can have the panel - it id designed as a deterrent,but gives us full flexibility to move the panels around to maximise the sun, but also knowing they are secured.

Hope this helps!

Rohan

Hi Rohan really appreciate the detail very helpful