Exterior Pop Top skirt repair

Jeanette

Feb 1, 2022
Mitchell Park, SA
Hi All, my Jayco Expanda '09, 16.49-2 has a leak where the PVC pop top skirt base outside, joins the caravan wall.It's worse when the roof-top aircon drainage runs off towards the rear of the van. Can somebody tell me how the bottom of the skirt attaches to the van? I can see some ?putty in sections. What can I use to seal it up? Ps I have tilted the van to encourage the air con to run off elsewhere, but rain a prob.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If the water is coming from pooling on the pop top then I doubt its the skirt as it should be well away from run off..... if it's coming in on the lower roof section then I would be looking for a leak via a panel seal more so than a hole in the skirt the raised lip should stop that from the skirt, if you tip some green cordial in the usual area you should be able to track its path, don't use red it stains very well......... (don't ask) .................. best to fully investigate the how and why before pulling apart and never just shove some silastic over a leak until you find the start point especially inside a van.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Jeanette

Feb 1, 2022
Mitchell Park, SA
If the water is coming from pooling on the pop top then I doubt its the skirt as it should be well away from run off..... if it's coming in on the lower roof section then I would be looking for a leak via a panel seal more so than a hole in the skirt the raised lip should stop that from the skirt, if you tip some green cordial in the usual area you should be able to track its path, don't use red it stains very well......... (don't ask) .................. best to fully investigate the how and why before pulling apart and never just shove some silastic over a leak until you find the start point especially inside a van.
Thank you for that information, much appreciated.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you could throw up some pics might help some of us work things out....