plug in or not 240 volt

wayne

May 21, 2013
orange nsw hate the place
would like to know if it is ok to leave expanda plug in to 240mains all the time when at home and the van is just sitting in the yard I just thort it would keep the battery charge up ready for next trip is this a good thing to do or not ??? any help please, this is a great site .

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Wayne and welcome.
I keep mine plugged in all the time as I use the van as an office. I don't see any harm, and as you say it keeps the battery charged which should extend the life.

wayne

May 21, 2013
orange nsw hate the place
thanks relgate my expande is a 17.56 2 ob 2012 as well we just had the ends replaced how is your ends.?have you made any mods to yours. I have replaced the lights with leds and fitted gas fuses to the gas bottles.other than that it is stock,

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've done bits and pieces, made up some clear vinyl covers for the bed ends, added a GPS tracker, added some down lights above both tables plus various hooks n stuff.
What do you mean about your bed ends replaced? The hard lids?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Just read your first thread. Bubbling ends I see.
Touch wood, my ends have not had any troubles. No signs of any bubbling. I have small cracks in the upper internal corners of which I will make the dealer aware, but nothing too serious.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
would like to know if it is ok to leave expanda plug in to 240mains all the time when at home and the van is just sitting in the yard I just thort it would keep the battery charge up ready for next trip is this a good thing to do or not ??? any help please, this is a great site .
Ditto Wayne. Leave mine plugged in though do just check every few days.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep plugged in is OK, also doesn't hurted to run the fridge for a day or so every month, A Fridge tech told me the other week the biggest killer of these fridges is people you dont run them especially those people who only use their van once or twice a year.

Reactions: Xpandafan

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Ours is always plugged in and the battery has always been plugged in. It was in our old Hawk and now the Expanda. I bought the battery in 07 too :whistle: and its been no problem.

swifty

Mar 7, 2013
For the same reason my 60 litre Waeco is always running - it's in the laundry and is our beer fridge :thumb: