18' Series Plastic door handles -Upgrade

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi All,

I have a early model 2016 expanda. It was one of the first with the new plastic internal cabinetry handles. I have since experienced several failures , with one breaking as I was retrieving my sons asthma pump . The broken handles have since been replaced by an upgraded plastic handle which really are not much better, and have still had them break. I noticed the 2017 expands have the same design handles but now they are made from metal.
Has any tried to have there plastic handles upgraded to the metal ones under warranty?

Reactions: Jemmo

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I was informed all warranty would be replaced with v2 plastic but the metal could be purchased.

If you have enough claims under warranty (and the replacements had subsequently broke) I'd be interested how you went "pushing" the case.

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Dealer has nothing to do with it, it's out of there control. Raise request with any dealer and the response you get is that you need to take it up with Jayco warranty. So I did, and took it to the top

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Dealer has nothing to do with it, it's out of there control. Raise request with any dealer and the response you get is that you need to take it up with Jayco warranty. So I did, and took it to the top
Can you post a photo of the new handles - it would be good to see how different they are (if at all!).
Cheers, Jemmo

Reactions: Macca_75