Place in Sydney for the water proof bed end screens?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anybody have any suggestions/recommendations on who could manufacture the waterproof bed end screens?

The only tarp person I know is Nan tarps. I was thinking of getting the current screens duplicated and fitting the press studs myself to save taking the van in.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Hey Jim,
We have a company in Bathurst called ABX Trim. I know he's making a set for a couple from Oberon.
He's using Marine canvas because it is lighter and fitting it using track rather than the press studs.
We leave our bed ends out unless we're mobile and have never had any water issues. Our van was a display model and had been set up for about 3 months so maybe this has helped season the canvas. We have privacy sceens and they also track the water rather that the canvas getting wet.
Regards,
Turtle.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Turtle, we are in the mountains so Bathurst isn't that far. The canvas would breath better, the wife is keen on cafe blind material for the light, but it wont breathe. I have seasoned ours three times now and the canvas is definetly stiffer than before. I find it interesting what you said about the privacy screens, I wonder if they fitted better and were tight so as to not contact the canvas whether they would work better?

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Our privacy screens are quite tight. They have an elastic on the two corners and I also fit them on the outside of the struts, so the struts also hold them off. IMG_0232a.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Possibly a bit late but i had the guys at GM Coastwide Canvas in Wollongong make mine. They liked to have to van for fitting though.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Our privacy screens are quite tight. They have an elastic on the two corners and I also fit them on the outside of the struts, so the struts also hold them off.View attachment 5697
We picked up our van a couple of weeks ago and had a large amount of rain on the second night. We did the same thing - fit around outside of struts - and had no problem with wet bed (only the tiniest tiniest damp area 2cm on one seam - did not affect bed).
Bill

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
From what i understand there are a few privacy screens out there. The factory Jayco ones are very loosley woven and mine lets heaps of rain through when it bucketing down.
I think i read elsewhere there is aftermarket screen that are a bit tighter woven and probaly keep most of the water out. My canvas guy suggested that a tigher woven shade material would keep the water out (of course he suggested this after making my canvas one).