Electrical Pioneer Stereo, how to turn off lights when not in use

Ss--ss

Jun 16, 2014
Hills district, Sydney
Hello, Maybe this is something obvious but took me a fair while to work out how to do this & couldn't find much information on the forum so thought I would add this how to incase others have same problem.

Basically when you hold down the 'src' button for a couple of seconds it either turns on or off, however when it turns off, the lights stay on & drain power. This is because it's in Demo mode.

To disable Demo mode, turn off & then hold big silver dial for a couple of seconds to get into setup mode & turn dial to Demo:ON , you can use the arrows to change it to Demo: OFF , then press 'src' button to save.
(or see how to for similar model:
)

Now when you hold down the 'src' button it will turn right off.. If it doesn't the first time just press the 'disp' button & it will completely turn off.... To turn back on just press 'src'.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I have to say this is the most stupid bloody idea I have ever come across (I used to install car stereos back in the dark days) I put another switch in the cupboard to turn the bloody thing off, when I get around to it its going in the bin and a normal stereo will replace it.