Pedder Suspention review

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
The new 20.64 came home today. Obviously the suspention dropped a bit in the rear when I hooked it up. It sits pretty level.
I am looking at the simplest suspention upgrade. Don’t need gcm upgrade or care about lifting the cruiser height.
Is the Pedders $75 suspention check a good place to start in Perth WA

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Some times I hear the reports can be more like a quote for a lot of work which in reality doesn't need doing, not to say they are not a good idea, I would let them know that any faults or work may not be done by them.
Check your standard as new height for your Tojo here https://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do?submitValue=start
this will give you the heights before all the junk was added as a rule of thumb if you have dropped more than 20mm when the vehicle is empty of gear/bums then you need an upgrade..... New shocks will improve handling, springs can be reset, worthwhile if done correctly, replacing springs to better carry a load will raise the vehicle but not usually by the figures quoted as they are heights based on the heights given in the RVD sheet, depending on how much things are sagged your lift could be as much as 80mm which could only be 30mm from original, so dont let the raised height worry you.

Have the check just don't rush to replace everything they say and I prefer rubber bushes myself the poly bushes can be noisy buggers and be a bit harsh.

Give everything a good run and don't be in a rush to do things, let the novelty wear off then the options become clearer and money is wasted .

Reactions: RobRoy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh and my mate just got new rear springs and shocks on his Ranger at a Pedders over here and I near choked at the price he paid so hang onto something it was around 2K.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
Oh and my mate just got new rear springs and shocks on his Ranger at a Pedders over here and I near choked at the price he paid so hang onto something it was around 2K.
Holy crap, I believe ARB are cheaper only not as good

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
Went to a local suspension place and was informed I only need airbags for $650.
Good news if accurate.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I don't know if you are getting new airbags to replace your springs or to assist your existing springs.
BUT, make sure you get your old bits back.

Pedders replaced my existing springs and added airbags and it wasn't until a couple of weeks later I realised I forgot to get my original springs back. Not saying they did anything wrong. They probably just assumed I wouldn't want them.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: RobRoy and Drover

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
I don't know if you are getting new airbags to replace your springs or to assist your existing springs.

Pedders replaced my existing springs and added airbags and it wasn't until a couple of weeks later I realised I forgot to get my original springs back. Not saying they did anything wrong. They probably just assumed I wouldn't want them.

cheers
Mike
I been driving around today.
Wa Suspension $650 only need airbags. Didn’t leave the counter.
Pedders came out and had a look. Airbags, HD springs and new shocks if I want $1400. Take off $400 if I don’t want shocks.
I’m leaning towards Pedders at the moment.
I’m not being smart Mike, but why would I want old springs?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Old springs and shocks come in so handy, if you are into diy otherwise they are just junk.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
LOL, we are on a massive clean out campaign. Misses has sold 10k of stuff from the garage. 17k if you include my motorbike. Minimal from now on for us.

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
I just purchased a 20.64-1 and tow it with a stock standard 2013 Landcruiser. I just got the Pedders GVM upgrade and Firestone airbags. The ride is pretty much like it was before and seems to tow the caravan great.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
Great news that it tow it so well, in all honesty I didn’t find it terrible completely stock on the freeways home.
the full gvm is $3150.
I’m happier with $1300 for airbags, shocks and coils on the rear.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

cheers
Mike
The reason you replace them is because the factory hardware is very average indeed, so your not missing much. If for some reason you wanted the factory hardware back in youll find them at trash n treasure for next to nothing.