Pebbly Beach - anyone towed a van in?

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
hi all, wondering if anyone has towed a van into Pebbly Beach in Yuragir National Park. It's a drive down a beach, followed by an estuary crossing, not even axle deep at low tide. My main concern is the entry, last recollection is that it was fairly steep and from a crappy angle. I'm not worried with the car and if I was towing a camper trailer, which is the option I'm currently considering if not possible with van. Van is Starcraft 17.58 outback and tow vehicle is MN Triton.
Any feedback would be greatly welcomed!
Thanks

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I cant help you directly. Ive been there for a visit and it looked pretty tough. A mate camped there recently and spoke to the ranger who said people bring some massive rigs in over summer. My current plan is to head there in January with my big starcraft! Be keen to see how you get on...

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Yep I popped in there over Xmas and really liked the look of the place. I don't want to be all Gall Boys and stuff my van! I've got a camper trailer so I'm not stuck, it would be awesome to have my van there though, and I've got to sort a second fridge if I take the trailer as I don't want to move for a week! When we were there heaps of vans were there, some pretty big. I'm gunna call the ranger Monday when he's back to see how the entrance is and I'll make my mind up from there. I'll post some pics after its all done

Reactions: relgate and Sammy D

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The last bit down a steep hill side is bitumen a narrow road its not that bad but a long way in on dirt should be ok but be prepared if rain or rough road take it slow youll be fine nice spot

Reactions: petenkaz

Brad77

Feb 9, 2016
Sydney
Yep I popped in there over Xmas and really liked the look of the place. I don't want to be all Gall Boys and stuff my van! I've got a camper trailer so I'm not stuck, it would be awesome to have my van there though, and I've got to sort a second fridge if I take the trailer as I don't want to move for a week! When we were there heaps of vans were there, some pretty big. I'm gunna call the ranger Monday when he's back to see how the entrance is and I'll make my mind up from there. I'll post some pics after its all done
Did you end up calling the ranger?

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Called the ranger and he reckons it would have been best to go on the Tuesday after Easter. Ended up going to Minnie Water instead as we decided it's such a great spot that it would be best to go when there's not as many people