Pauly and Corrin's 19.61.3ob

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Gyday all!
Thought I'd best start a new thread before I forget all about it..
A couple of weeks ago now we picked up our 19.61.3ob from prestige jayco Geelong (I must say they were an absolute dream to purchase through and wouldn't hesitate to go through them again next time)
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
We are over the moon with this van and are very eager to get lots of use out of it.
Of course there are a couple of jaycoisms but they will be ironed out so really happy !

The factory inclusions we got were-
Outback
Fiberglass walls
K21 suspension
600kg payload
3rd water tank
4 bike rack
Second annexe light
Bed converter
Ceramic toilet
Picnic table
22" tv
Sensor pro
Rear camera
Anti flap kit
Water filter
Second battery
Drifter control panel
300watt solar
And supply only of an extra window which at some stage I will fit.

Added to date
Slow start as I'm in no hurry, all the easy stuff,
Cut down bunk ladder and screwed feet to floor so can easily walk pastimage.jpeg
Fridge freezer monitor
Gas leak monitor
Carbon monoxide monitor
Lots of clothes hooks/ towel hooks
Hand towel ring (moved the cup holder )
Fitted Carpet (same as footwell)image.jpegimage.jpeg
Oneway valve to shower outlet image.jpeg
Diesel heater( unfortunately couldn't go gas this time and the Diesel and I are off to a rocky start but very happy to have a heater full stop)
image.jpeg
Twin gerry holders image.jpeg
Rear tap
image.jpeg
2000watt inverter
image.jpeg

2 days after pickup still being school hols We headed up to doctors creek reserve just a few clicks south of Jamison for our first .
Aimage.jpeg
Beautiful spot by the Goulburn River with pit dunnies, fire rings some with hot plates and picnic tables .image.jpegimage.jpeg
Ran up to Mt Terrible . Snow was falling as we got to the hut. Not much but enough to excite the kids and they found a way to scrape up plenty to throw snow balls at me.....
image.jpeg
Had a fantastic few days away, really thrilled and feel extremely lucky to have a van again!!
Melted the 12 pin plug through the fridge already so off with that and on with the trusty round seven pin plus Anderson
image.jpeg
What a way to end the school hols we had been from the warm sunny Fraser Island in qld
image.jpeg
to getting pelted by snowballs laced with mud in the Vic high country with a nice fire at night
image.jpeg

Sorry I've rambled on a bit,
Cheers all;)

Last edited:

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
Awesome setup Pauly!!! I'll take some of your cool ideas and apply it to my van when it arrives;) (modified bunk ladder, carpets).
Just wondering how much extra was the 4 bike rack compared to 2 bike rack? I might have time to alter my van prior to build and opt for 4 bike rack instead.

Reactions: Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Awesome setup Pauly!!! I'll take some of your cool ideas and apply it to my van when it arrives;) (modified bunk ladder, carpets).
Just wondering how much extra was the 4 bike rack compared to 2 bike rack? I might have time to alter my van prior to build and opt for 4 bike rack instead.
Thanks!!
I believe the four bike rack is just an extended two bike rack, I think the dealer ads the extra arms and rails. The rack is 60kg Max . , Sorry I'm not sure on price as we specified it when getting initial price so it was just 'blended in' to final price.
Rv parts express have some parts
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Great set up,
Where did you get the carpet from and what was it called?
Cheers
Thanks!!
The carpet is marine carpet
autex raider colour is seashell. I get it from Nolan group. They are a wholesaler with branches in each state.

Reactions: Base23

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Got a new Ark XO jockey wheel today, seams pretty good! Swings up and the height is also adjustable independent of the wheel winding up n down.
image.jpeg image.jpeg I'll try and fashion up an attachment for the drill the same as the stabilizer legs to make it even lazier.

Reactions: davemc

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Got the sullage hoses sorted out again. Same as last time, cut hose into 4 X 2.3m lengths . Whack two pvc pipes in each bar so slides in and out easy press studded some mesh over the end and valla no fighting with a curly tentacle anymore !
Rear bar
image.jpeg

Front crossmember
image.jpeg

Rosco

Apr 18, 2015
Rosebud. Victoria
www.facebook.com
Great idea with the sullage hoses Pauly. I'm going to have to fab a rear bar out of RHS and do the same.
I'm over trying to untangle the roll each time....plus if you don't flush it out with hot water after a long stay, they can get a bit smelly.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Over the weekend I changed out the rubbish solar controller for a gooden. Have always had Manson ones previously but gone with newer tech this time.
image.jpeg
I haven't used this control before but have had Victron gear in the past and I highly rate their products.
image.jpeg
:der:
Jayco wiring, barely any wire touching the contacts and screwed onto insulation....

It bluetooths to a device to monitor or ya can just let it do its thing without spying on it.

Has history screen
image.jpeg

And live data of course
image.jpeg
Soon see how it goes over a few trips;)

Reactions: megcam

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Good to hear !
Can't wait to get some sun through it to keep the beer chilled:D

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Well really haven't had the time to be doing much to the van but ticked off a couple of small things before heading away for the long weekend to tamboon inlet
I had a couple of toolboxes from my last work ute and the van needed seperate storage for dirty/ wet gear that I didn't want in the tunnel boot.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
I had to shuffle the plumbing outlet and run the water and power for the toilet through the drivers side one.image.jpeg
They are probably 100mm lower than I would like but I had em so am happy enough with them on there. (Only just lower than the step when traveling)
Moved the Jack from the tunnel boot to the back hatch under the bunksimage.jpeg
And hooked in a couple of more Anderson plugs so I can connect in my potable solar to chase the sun when needed and one to hook a dc-dc charger from the car to if the need arises from very little sun.

We loaded up absolutely everything plus for this trip being the first trip with the boat and this full height /heavier van than previous I wanted to roll it over the weighbridge at yarragon (which is on 24/7).
image.jpeg image.jpeg
We have run it accros here before but that was on a two night trip that we were pretty lightly packed for and were well under . This time we were over by 4% , van was under though. Time to cut the cutlery in half, I'll cut off the heavy end;)

Had a great four days down at tamboon not doing anything in particularimage.jpeg
Set up a stones throw from the water and used the van as a windbreak. image.jpegimage.jpeg
What do they say about bananas on boats :barbershop_quartet_member:
image.jpegthe missus wet a line while my daughter and I followed deer tracks over the dunes.image.jpeg
i wonder what the goanna in the background would taste like over the fire:hungry: lucky for him I got the food cupboard open:drum:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Great pics @Pauly, throw away that dangerous killer jack and get one thats safer, most times the scissor jack won't lift the rig anyway, they are just an unstable, unsafe unit, just okay on flat level concrete but not on the roadside...................Sorry to rattle on about it but have had 2 fail and seen one come down on a fella just missing him.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Thanks @Drover !
I wholeheartedly agree with your dislike of the dreaded scissor Jack . I usually have a bottle Jack in my ute so am doubting the scissor will ever get used in anger. However I'd prefer to leave it in the van where it will always be . Just incase for some reason I have taken the bottle Jack out of the ute to use elsewhere i.e: last month it was out of the ute for a week whilst being used with the ride on mower, it had a stint in my boat trailer on another trip. Plus I'm being tight not wanting to fork out for an independent bottle Jack for the van .
Many many moons ago 4 mates and I got stuck with no Jack in a hx kingswood wagon, luckily there was enough of us to lift one side of the car and roll a log under to prop it up while changing the wheel.
Knock on wood I haven't changed a wheel on the road since I got a plug kit 12year ago;).

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Worlds Greatest Godsend is a plug kit, have carried one around since sometime in the 80's, have one in Ute and one in Van just in case I leave one behind for some reason though I buy the glue in a tin, don't trust those tubes. I took the scissor out of the old 14.44, replaced with a bottle jack, then used the scissor for a job where I needed an extra lift and it being a taller unit, I used it and it bent, concrete floor straight vertical lift of maybe 300kg, the 1.5t rating I think was mythical........I was suss of it as I had tried to lift The Tardis when it was loaded with it and it didn't want to budge........................oh and add a compressor with the plug kit or it's all for nought............

I like the tool box set up, scare me if I drop off gutters just don't forget about them, my grey tanks hang low tucked up next to the rear wheels, I think they just miss often.

Went back thru your pics, that is a nice camp for sure.........................

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Love the plugs !! I won the arb kit in a winch comp in 05 :peace: !! Hadn't ever thought of buying one, now I don't leave home without it!!

Our last van wouldn't raise with the supplied Jack (just groaned and started to bend so I stopped) on a test at home, this van being 400kg heavier surprisingly does get off the ground with it :noidea:

Yeah the toolboxes are a bit of a worry if we drop off somthing big as they would punch up through the floor:scared: . If I didn't already have these I would try to find some 100mm shorter. But I think they will be fine;)

The camp ground is a ripper, we've been there a few times and I'm sure will be back.

Reactions: Drover