Park Closure

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I stayed here not long ago

VERY SAD, HOLIDAY PARK CLOSING IN VICTORIA
October 27, 2017 Editor
Australia is looking to be in a drought of caravan parks amid the recent news that Big 4 Holiday Park in Bairnsdale will be shutting its doors to holidaymakers next month, just adding to the influx of closures in the past few years.

It is starting to seem holiday parks across Australia are beginning to put their focuses elsewhere, with a number of park closures over the last decade and very few new openings. Owner of Big 4 in Bairnsdale is the neighbouring business Patties Foods, which CEO Paul Hitchcock has decided to shift their best interest into making food than running a holiday park for caravaners and holidaymakers.

big4bairnsdale.640x427.jpg

“We are committed to the Bairnsdale region, committed to the Bairnsdale bakery… we want to focus our energy on what we do best, which is making pies and sausage rolls.

“We’ve got icon brands… Four n Twenty, Herbert Adams and the Nannas brand… and running a pie business is what we’re good at, not running a holiday caravan park.”

“It’s only the casual holidaymakers that we won’t be taking beyond the end of the month.”

The park will be closing to holidaymakers at the end of the month, although permanent residents with remain on site.

Original article from https://gold1242.com.au/articles/caravan-park-to-close/

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have noticed many places that sites available shrink each year as cabins are put in and they end up as "Lifestyle Parks", whatever that is and no room for holiday makers anymore............................

The free campers at Bingara NSW put in an average of $15-20K per month into the towns economy, so I can imagine a chunk will go from Bairnsdale, probably pie's and sausage rolls.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
It's sad, but on the flip side is good, if, the energy is inserted into increasing Aussie based manufacturing in a regional area that's a win....just my thoughts.

Reactions: Crusty181

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
has he ever thought of trying to sell it at a realistic price..............

probably tried for some exorbitant price and had no takers..... I wonder why

I wonder how many will stop now and buy anything from that town
still, I hope the current residents buy enough Pie's and Pasties for him to survive..........