Pace's Malibu Family Adventurer 20ft6 (custom build)

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
So, since the Expanda sold late April we went on the search (mind you we all ready on the search), to replace it with something. We were seriously looking at the New Age Road Owl 19ft, then all of a sudden a new contender surfaced by chance. Great Escape Caravans - Family Escape 21ft triple bunk/ full ensuite.

Middle son and I went to visit Great Escape Caravans (GEC), and liked what we saw and their flexibility for the build, we pretty much had it sorted then and there just needed Mrs Pace to do the interior selection stuff once she was ok with the layout, options and $$$. Signed off contract mid May for delivery mid Oct '18.

So it's a new van style from of many well known pedigree and this fresh start up company are really accommodating to buyer needs, nothing was an issue to alter or research our request to have them incorporated in the build from their wealth of experience in the industry catering vans for the buyer needs. Network support back boned with a lot of years of experience shown in their designs.

Many options are available from base to extreme model vans in their range from various manufacturers, of which GEC were willing to show us how they all fleshed out on paper and the $$$ value comparison within their range without optioning up too much.

Our van is full bodied semi off road with entry door just forward of the 1st axle with island bed to left, full kitchen and seating over the axles then X 3 bunks far left corner with full ensuite opposite, washing machine and cupboards back wall in between bunks and ensuite. Dual large roof hatches, roof air con, battery mounted external on the chassis with full solar setup and monitering, toolbox and mesh tray on A frame, 6’’ chassis on a 2’’ raiser with heavy duty rocker suspension, dual 100lt water tanks remote gauges, full hard piping throughout, bbq bayonets. Exterior is composite panel in charcoal with black chequer plate wrapped around, underslug spare and fully enclosed annexe plus porch.

This picture is the base model, but you’ll get the idea.
FX21.1.jpg
FX21.11.jpg

Pace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So, since the Expanda sold late April we went on the search (mind you we all ready on the search), to replace it with something. We were seriously looking at the New Age Road Owl 19ft, then all of a sudden a new contender surfaced by chance. Great Escape Caravans - Family Escape 21ft triple bunk/ full ensuite.

Middle son and I went to visit Great Escape Caravans (GEC), and liked what we saw and their flexibility for the build, we pretty much had it sorted then and there just needed Mrs Pace to do the interior selection stuff once she was ok with the layout, options and $$$. Signed off contract mid May for delivery mid Oct '18.

So it's a new van style from of many well known pedigree and this fresh start up company are really accommodating to buyer needs, nothing was an issue to alter or research our request to have them incorporated in the build from their wealth of experience in the industry catering vans for the buyer needs. Network support back boned with a lot of years of experience shown in their designs.

Many options are available from base to extreme model vans in their range from various manufacturers, of which GEC were willing to show us how they all fleshed out on paper and the $$$ value comparison within their range without optioning up too much.

Our van is full bodied semi off road with entry door just forward of the 1st axle with island bed to left, full kitchen and seating over the axles then *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* bunks far left corner with full ensuite opposite, washing machine and cupboards back wall in between bunks and ensuite. Dual large roof hatches, roof air con, battery mounted external on the chassis with full solar setup and monitering, toolbox and mesh tray on A frame, 6’’ chassis on a 2’’ raiser with heavy duty rocker suspension, dual 100lt water tanks remote gauges, full hard piping throughout, bbq bayonets. Exterior is composite panel in charcoal with black chequer plate wrapped around, underslug spare and fully enclosed annexe plus porch.

This picture is the base model, but you’ll get the idea.
View attachment 61191
View attachment 61192

Pace.
Looks like they have spent a bit of time sneaking about in the New Age yard, with their trench coats and cameras. Could easily be mistaken for own friends 2015 New Age Big Red. Very nice

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
It’s a different feeling buying from a new player isn’t it, maybe some of the older players should have a good hard look at themselves, hope it all goes well, ours is due in 3 1/2 weeks but who’s counting?

Reactions: Pace and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wow, makes you wonder why some take 6 mths, if you come up here this week you will be able to test it's watertight integrity...................you'll love it for sure...

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
So had a bit time today enjoying this absolute gem of weather Melbourne has been blessed with this weekend. Saturday was Bball coached 2 games, both wins too.

Mrs Pace got in and filled part of it, now we've got the other stuff from storage emptied from Expanda to vet out and see what we need to put in the FX21.

Here some pics, I know how everyone likes pics.

IMG_20181012_150416.jpg
IMG_20181014_210103.jpg
IMG_20181014_205835.jpgIMG_20181014_205734.jpg
IMG_20181014_210042.jpg
IMG_20181014_205944.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So thats where our weather has gone ? or was it stolen by dastardly Victorians ? it's certainly Vic weather up here.....................thats sure looks nice, I can smell the newness.

Reactions: Pace

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
So had a bit time today enjoying this absolute gem of weather Melbourne has been blessed with this weekend. Saturday was Bball coached 2 games, both wins too.

Mrs Pace got in and filled part of it, now we've got the other stuff from storage emptied from Expanda to vet out and see what we need to put in the FX21.

Here some pics, I know how everyone likes pics.

View attachment 62059
View attachment 62060
View attachment 62061View attachment 62062
View attachment 62063
View attachment 62064

Hi @Pace , love the choice of light colours and tones. Makes the interior look much bigger and bright and airy too. Very envious, but out of my league in both cost and need. Cheers

Reactions: Pace

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like the insulation idea, I toyed with the 10mm HD foam stuff with alloy side like you can use on roller doors but the price scared me off, that looks good.............