Our Panda is home finally.

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
We finally pulled our fingers out and raised the carport 600mm so we could finally bring the panda home,had to strip it back to 4 posts to raise it.
2013-02-17 16.42.09.jpg
2013-02-17 16.42.23.jpg

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
Yes Cruza we plan to enclose it to a point,we have 3mtrs clearance to the bottom of the beams so with a few rails welded in i should be able to wall it in on both sides, but not much room for gates on the end just yet.The hitch is about 20mm inside the property line

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Well done mate, can't beat a solid roof over a van for protection! I'd love to do something like that but our stupid council won't allow it, they all seem to have different rules! Do you think you'd have enough room for a roller door instead?

Cheers.

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
Thanks Burnsy,that was our original plan to try and fit a roller door but that was before we bought the van.Have had a good look at it today and have decided to make 2 gates for the front that will be about 3mtrs high.Didn't worry about the council as it was an existing structure just ordered the 4 pieces of tube and the 8 plates,pre drilled it at work to make things a bit easier.Just have to keep an eye out for steel panels so we can sheet the walls. Will be putting a gate at the top end near the house as well all going to planned hopefully.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Yes Cruza we plan to enclose it to a point,we have 3mtrs clearance to the bottom of the beams so with a few rails welded in i should be able to wall it in on both sides, but not much room for gates on the end just yet.The hitch is about 20mm inside the property line

Good stuff ate and a perfect fit too!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks Burnsy,that was our original plan to try and fit a roller door but that was before we bought the van.Have had a good look at it today and have decided to make 2 gates for the front that will be about 3mtrs high.Didn't worry about the council as it was an existing structure just ordered the 4 pieces of tube and the 8 plates,pre drilled it at work to make things a bit easier.Just have to keep an eye out for steel panels so we can sheet the walls. Will be putting a gate at the top end near the house as well all going to planned hopefully.

Sounds good mate! I also have an existing carport down the side of our house and wanted to raise, lengthen and make a bit wider so I could fit van and car in front but council said no. I also asked these idiots about rebuilding to the same specs as some of the purlins are rusting and get this.....I would need to apply to council first! like that's going to happen!!

I have a mate who is a fire engineer and he spoke to some of his mates in council and consensus was, won't get passed but build it out of steel and don't p your neighbors off!

Cheers.