Our First Trip in the New Expanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We went to Adelaide Shores [big4]for 2 nights then to Flinders rangers [Rawnsley Park Station]for 4 nights then to Ardrossan then Beachport and slowly home

The Colorado towed and performed magic with the only problems being me I think :smow: I managed to smash the rear window on the canopy, after reaching and driving on the made road, :wacko: There is a chip in the bedend of the expanda so I gather a stone hit it then bounced back onto the rear window. Thats being fixed , Thanks Christian,
And I got a chip,now fixed, in the windscreen .

And the expanda preformed just as we thought it would, better than our older one.

So all'n'all very happy.

There are a few pics coming.
But before that I'd like to thank those that helped sort the rear window drama. Thanks ARB East Keilor who we rang as we didn't know where and how to get it fixed,
They organised the ARB Elizabeth Store to contact us and within an hour we were booked to have the window replaced later that afternoon.

And of course Christian of Stone Stomper who emailed back and forward and personly measured our rig/tug , nice to meet you Christian, and now there is a stonestomper on it way so it never happens again

mfexpanda

DSCF2801.jpg

DSCF2804.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Enjoying the pics so far the Flinders sure is a place that has plenty to offer. We have been there twice once to do the southern Wilpena/Blinman end and the northern Arkaroola end the second time. The second trip also included the southern end again it was good to see how much it had greened up after previous rain.

Some of your pics I reckon are even taken in the same spots :happy:

One of my best mates use to work with Brad (if he is still there?) from ARB Elizabeth when he had a work shop here in Vic. Its makes a trip easier when something that has gone wrong can be fixed without any fuss.

Look forward to seeing some more pics too :popcorn: I enjoy a good trip report :biggrin:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I want to go there..................., great pics!

Love the bling rims on the Colorado too;)

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
Im with Moto Moto,
What great pictures, it looks great. The worse part is that there are so many places to go and very little time.:whoo:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Thanks guys yes we realy do need to go back what a great place we only did a bit of what there is to see and do.

thanks moto you noticed the rims !! hahaha

DSCF2907.jpg

DSCF2903-1.jpg

DSCF2899.jpg

DSCF2896.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great pics once again mf

Yesterday (Fri) I spotted a Black Colorado on Boundry Rd just near Sunshine off the Ring rd, was that you? Around 12:30pm

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I remember going to Rawnsley Park Station for two weeks with my family in 1977 (I think it was '77 - I was 12!)

Stayed in these big tents the Station had errected - great time. Trying to get back there next year; hopefully May!

The Flinders is a wonderful place - a month wouldn't be long enough!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Might have been on a test drive :music:

Anymore pics ? Did you get any head winds on the way north toward Hawker we always seem too :censored::becky:

Yes you are right it may have been . No head winds we were very lucky as the winds started after we were settled at rawnsley station a light show came through Tuesday night plenty of lightning and within 10 minutes passed . But the next afternoon all hell broke loose winds , rain etc etc . We ran out to wind in our awning just as the van next to us lost theirs , it ripped and flapped everywhere . By the time we got around to help them they had theirs in and were back in their van.
The next morning everyone went around and found what ever go blown away ,shoes thongs ,towels,mats etc and went back to exploring one of the most beautiful places in aust