Toy Hauler Our Basestation thread

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
I thought I had better start my own thread instead of high jacking everyone else's.

A month or two ago I picked up a second hand generator (eu30is) for a reasonable price and have had it sitting in the shed since then. Originally I thought I would just lift it in and out of the rear when needed but once I filled it up with fuel I changed my mind! Anyway being winter time it wasn't on my urgent list as its main use will be for air con but I had a bit of spare time so started looking at it the other day. The gap between the gas bottles looked about right so I lifted it up and it fitted perfectly the only problem was the aluminium tray that is there doesn't look overly strong and I didn't like the idea of seeing my generator roll along the highway behind me!

To start with I was worried about the tech screws that looked like they held it up until I had a close look and saw that the frame rested on the brake cable guides and the screws wee basically stopping it bouncing out, once I saw that my only concern was the ability of the mesh to handle the fatigue of corrigations ect. I found a nice length of aluminium Rhs at the back of the shed which I cut up and used underneath as a couple of braces between the angle and bolted the generator to them.

I eventually want to put a "power in" socket at the front of the van so that I can just use a really short lead and leave it in place but that will be a little while away yet.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
I haven't checked since I have put it on but I reckon by my rough calculations that it will have increased it by around 25-30kgs.

Which will help a little when carrying the buggy and seems tolerable without the buggy. Actually we have ducked down to the hunter for the night with no buggy and it seems to ride perfectly so I am fair
Y happy with it at this stage.