Opinions on BF Goodrich KO2's

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Hi all,
I'm looking at new rubber for our 2014 XLT Ranger and was wondering if anyone has experience and an opinion on the BF Goodrich KO2 all terrain's?
90% of the feedback I've heard has been great but a couple of opinions in relation to wet weather driving in the suburbs has me investigating further.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
No complaints from me and on my third set of BFG's. Have a new set on the Prado and no issues in the wet and like most of Australia we have had our fair share of it over the past month :rain:

Have also found them one of the best tyres offroad (Out of the types I have experienced so there may be better out there and others may have different opinions!!!)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
A mate recently fitted the new BFG KO2"s to his Pajero, Says they are really quiet on road, said they seem OK in the wet but he hasn't done a lot of K's on them yet

Reactions: dagree

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
No complaints from me and on my third set of BFG's. Have a new set on the Prado and no issues in the wet and like most of Australia we have had our fair share of it over the past month :rain:

Have also found them one of the best tyres offroad (Out of the types I have experienced so there may be better out there and others may have different opinions!!!)
Thanks for that, are they the newer KO2's?

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
My son has a new set of KO2's on his 100 series.

Having moved from mud terrains previously he said they felt much more solid on the road and felt better in the wet.

He hasn't had them on the first yet, but looking at the more aggressive tread pattern I'm tipping they will be pretty good

Reactions: skippy and dagree

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Got em on the Prado. I bounce around building sites and landfills and they work a treat. Even wading through 5" thick slurry considering the rain lately. Have roughly 120,000k's on them with (I reckon) 20,000k left in them.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I have had the previous KO's, but not the KO2's

I know they are on my short list for when I need to replace my MT Baja's

the old BFG's on cars were notorious for bad wet weather - liked to aqua plane - but the KO's never had a problem, and the KO2's look slightly better

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I had the older KO's on the Pajero we took on our big trip several years ago. They were the first AT tyre I'd ever used and were recommended to me by the other guys I was travelling with, as they'd used them extensively before. Never had and an issue with them, no punctures on any of the 3 vehicles we took away.

I have Cooper AT3's ATM ('cos they were cheap secondhand) and when I wear them out I'll be getting some new KO2's for sure, I was impressed with them, but they are quite pricey in the larger sizes though.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Will be going the BFGs when the coopers need replacing, am not impressed with the new tread on the coopers. I have the old tread pattern of the ST/C and they have done 70k and still have a lot of life left.

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

Dan-14.44

Oct 15, 2015
Geelong
I sold my Navara with the 3rd set of BFG's on it. If you're putting them on a ute they can be a bit slippery on wet bitumen if you tend to put your right foot down too quickly. Other than that they're brilliant! We did heaps of highway and offroad driving. Nice and quiet.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
These are at the top of my list when the D697's wear out if I can get them at a reasonable price.

yeah, dream on Alice - when I have money - no-one has specials and you cannot get the size I want
when I have no money - or have just brought new tyres.....................

hey look, BFG's are on special - buy 1 get 3 free (feels like that anyway)

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Does anyone know how good the side walls are on these tyres? For punctures from rocks and so on.

I have the Bridgestones 697 LT and was considering purchasing the KO2's next.
https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/dueler-at-d697

The father in law has these KO2's and they look the goods, it's just the walls that I am worries about from punctures with the van weight on these tyres over rocks from puncture on the side walls.

We have been all over WA and down some pretty hairy trackes with sharp rocks everywhere and we still have not got one puncher yet with the 697LT. But on the down side I will only get about 50,000kms out of a set of four 697LT.

Decisions decisions :ranger:

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Only done less than 1,000K's with the new KO2's and no real 4WD testing yet apart from sand..... Watching for comments also!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, if they are a better make than the old KO's, they should be good

I've had 3 sets over the years, and have never punctured 1 yet
2nd set of the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's - and have punctured one when it was 1000kms old
not happy Jan - at $370 each - I expected better than that
hence why the BFG's are back on the list to buy

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
This is what an old KO BFG after 23K on an IRS Pajero with the 2.3T Expanda on the back looks like......:o
Had a WDH and polyairs, 2" lifted Lovells HD springs and Bilsteins too.....

IMG_5026.jpg

I had the 5 tyres rotated (supposedly) after 10K in Darwin but I suspect they weren't, or maybe the spare was fitted to the front and the rears were never touched............hmmm!!!

Reactions: skippy and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I had the 5 tyres rotated (supposedly) after 10K in Darwin but I suspect they weren't,

a big name Dealer tried that on me once when the car went in for a service
couldn't understand why I refused to pay
until I said, you couldn't have rotated all 5 tyres, as the spare is an emergency only spare, not for normal road use
and
the 225's wouldn't fit on the back where the 285's are................

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looks similar wear to the BFG's I had on the front of an older 90 series prado but found the reason..... Someone (Who will remain nameless) forgot to get the wheel alignment done :behindsofa: ... Apart from that no issues at all!

Reactions: bigcol and Delano