Chassis Opinions/advise RE: water tank location

Best tank placement?

• Both fresh forward of axle, grey behind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
hi all, chasing some advise, i have 17 full size single axle Destiny.
I am re-doing my tanks and plumbing underneath, 2 new fresh water tanks (long story) with solenoids contolled from switches in the van with manual override and i will be using one of my old tanks as a grey water tank.
My question regards location or layout of the tanks, keeping in mind i will only ever have 2 tanks worth of water on board at any one time, two tanks will be in front of the axle and one behind, should i have one fresh and the grey in front and a fresh behind or both fresh in front, obviously grey at the back is easist to plumb, however as i will not always be using the grey tank all the weight if i fill both fresh tanks will be in front of the axle with an empty tank at the back and im thinking inshould have one fresh either side of the axle, i think having two tanks behind the axle will push one tank too far back negativly affecting ball weight. (lightening)

All ideas/opinions welcomed

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
having your water tanks (either both fresh, or however) forward of the axle will effect the ball weight

however you decide, getting as much weight over the top of the axles would be the better option for stability

Reactions: burnsie