One of the Other Corners, and Beyond!

xixau

Oct 14, 2013
We didn't make it to the Cameron's Corner trip, however we did take our Expanda to Haddon's Corner and beyond...

The Expanda did really well, the only damage was the loss of all the PVC waste pipes from the van (pretty DIY job by Jayco). Thanks to the Stone Stomper, we have virtually no stone damage to the front of the van despite some pretty hostile Gibber roads.

DSC_4824.jpg
DSC_4424.jpg
DSC_4353.jpg
DSC_4485.jpg
DSC_4628.jpg
DSC_4966.jpg
DSC_4448.jpg
DSC_4695.jpg

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
thats funny @xixau , we are in Birdsville after leaving Cameron Corner and did think of going there as well. But we have decided to head for Longreach instead then make our way back to the coast.

xixau

Oct 14, 2013
thats funny @xixau , we are in Birdsville after leaving Cameron Corner and did think of going there as well. But we have decided to head for Longreach instead then make our way back to the coast.
We went to Birdsville on the way out of Innamincka, via Cordillo downs. A horrible road to tow a van, particularly as we had lost the trailer plug, and brakes.

Which way did you come into Birdsville? We did the Birdsville Development road. I would be interested to know how the road to Bedourie compares?

Have fun and safe travels.

xixau

Oct 14, 2013
great shots how was the dust in the vans
There was a lot of dust on the prolonged dirt roads. We had it in every cupboard (in have no idea how it got into some of them). I spent a large part of yesterday cleaning it all out.

That said, with a five minute wipe down, it was habitable en route. My cleanup now is just to stop it staining anything.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
great pics. Did you get the van out to Hadden Corner itself over the dunes.

xixau

Oct 14, 2013
great pics. Did you get the van out to Hadden Corner itself over the dunes.
Yes we did, we had three vehicles between us, but drove over easily. Definitely would not have done it alone though. The first dune is the greater concern, particularly the descent of the primary track. I doubt you would get the van out of this track, fortunately there is a second track out.