On van decals, replacments?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi All,
I was wondering, i have purchased a table from E Bay for the side of the van, it will cover the existing jayco decals so the question is can you buy a new set? or do i have to try and peel the old off and re use on the top of the folder up table?
Thoughts here?
Thanks,
Leesy
:noidea:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Leesy, I'm sure someone else on here bought stickers from Jayco, give em a ring, don't see why not!

Cheers.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Hi Leesy,
I have been a signwriter for the last 45 years so can give you advise.
You wont be able to peel them off and reuse them and why would you as when the table is down you would have a gap in the decal.
If you cant get them off Jayco you could take a trace of the area in question and go to your local signwriter who may be able to match the vinyl, you could then trace onto the new vinly cut them out and apply to the table using a soapy water solution, (a few drops of detergent in a spray bottle)
If the signwriter cant help you with the colour then look up the sign vinyl suppliers in your area of Newcastle or Sydney (eg "Spandex" in Sydney is one) where you can buy the vinyl by the metre. You will find them in the Yellow Pages

If you need any other info feel free to ask.

Hope this helps

Reactions: leesy

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
i got a one off decal from Absolute Caravans here in Perth - apparently they get direct from Jayco in Melbourne - $25 landed

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Jaybird may be able to advise better, but I think there would be a trick to putting them on.

Geoff

hornet

Apr 9, 2012
I got a set from caravanland in Perth , they asked for year and then emailed me some pictures to pick from , I got the biggest expanda decal (1000mm x 100mm) $44 , easy to fit , bit of soapy water , slide it around till level ,straight , push all the bubbles out , peel off paper , done

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey leesy, did you think about putting two tables on. I would next time. Really handy, but they are over priced.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi Leesy,
I have been a signwriter for the last 45 years so can give you advise.
You wont be able to peel them off and reuse them and why would you as when the table is down you would have a gap in the decal.
If you cant get them off Jayco you could take a trace of the area in question and go to your local signwriter who may be able to match the vinyl, you could then trace onto the new vinly cut them out and apply to the table using a soapy water solution, (a few drops of detergent in a spray bottle)
If the signwriter cant help you with the colour then look up the sign vinyl suppliers in your area of Newcastle or Sydney (eg "Spandex" in Sydney is one) where you can buy the vinyl by the metre. You will find them in the Yellow Pages

If you need any other info feel free to ask.

Hope this helps
Cheers mate

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hey leesy, did you think about putting two tables on. I would next time. Really handy, but they are over priced.
Thought about that but in a 16.49 not as much room, i got mine on e bay for much less them from a van shop, think i paid $125

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
leesy, got our new decal fitted to new front lid no sweat from repairer,readily available from jayco spares too, Pace.
Thanks Pace, i did call jayco today but had to leave a message for them to call back, Hornets advice of $44 soinds about the right mark!!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Leesy, if you want, I can post a photo of my van 16.49.4 with table so you can see where table goes.

Geoff

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
IMG_1286.JPG
The table edge is 93cm away from door, but they are all different. Next time I will go two tables. We normally have toaster and kettle on it, so that does not leave a lot of room, but we do have a normal table. You could position so that if you wanted to fit another one down the track then you could. I would leave old decals on wall, put table in position and put new decals over table, that way you have decals visible when table is up and down.

Good luck and don't drill thru any wires or pipes.

Geoff

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
View attachment 10936
The table edge is 93cm away from door, but they are all different. Next time I will go two tables. We normally have toaster and kettle on it, so that does not leave a lot of room, but we do have a normal table. You could position so that if you wanted to fit another one down the track then you could. I would leave old decals on wall, put table in position and put new decals over table, that way you have decals visible when table is up and down.

Good luck and don't drill thru any wires or pipes.

Geoff
Thanks for that, i have the OB and am a little tight for space above the checkerplate. Its on the job list for tomorrow so i will let you know how i go.
Thanks again

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Hi Leesy,
Sorry I didnt get back earlier, not sure how far you have got. In regards to applying new stickers it all knack, a few drops of detergent and I prefer sunlight detergent in a spray bottle, just enough to let the decal slide around while you position it , gently at first squeegee it out using a credit card until all bubbles are out, slowly increase the pressure to push it down then let dry and wipe off excess soapy water and all should be good, then if necessary using a box cutter type knife trim off the excess vinyl from the edges of the table. I should of added that the vinyl should be a bit oversize in length so you can handle it at each end without touching the sticky bits where you want it to attach.
Clear as mud
Cheers

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi Leesy,
Sorry I didnt get back earlier, not sure how far you have got. In regards to applying new stickers it all knack, a few drops of detergent and I prefer sunlight detergent in a spray bottle, just enough to let the decal slide around while you position it , gently at first squeegee it out using a credit card until all bubbles are out, slowly increase the pressure to push it down then let dry and wipe off excess soapy water and all should be good, then if necessary using a box cutter type knife trim off the excess vinyl from the edges of the table. I should of added that the vinyl should be a bit oversize in length so you can handle it at each end without touching the sticky bits where you want it to attach.
Clear as mud
Cheers

thanks for that! i was quoted $230 from Jayco for the stickers? seems very expensive? Has anybody else bought these at a cheaper price?

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
I complained to Jayco when I picked up my van as their were bubbles in my decals. Had a full set sent to me free of charge. I'm takingthevan back to them to fit them, although I'm not holding my breathe for great job. I'm actually trying to visualize the Panda with decals at all.?... Might look a bit bland though.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I complained to Jayco when I picked up my van as their were bubbles in my decals. Had a full set sent to me free of charge. I'm takingthevan back to them to fit them, although I'm not holding my breathe for great job. I'm actually trying to visualize the Panda with decals at all.?... Might look a bit bland though.

hi D4Dazz, another forum memebr who lives local! I am just of Napoleon kinda behind the Shell, who did you complain to on the decals? Jayco direct or dealer, which ones are they replacing? all of the ones on your van?
Cheers, Leesy