Northern NSW caravan park recommendations

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

We usually go away for the first week of the Qld summer holidays for a week or so. Last year we did Nambucca Heads; before that Fingal Bay (Port Stephens) and South West Rocks. Also went up to Airlie Beach one year.

We'd like to go somewhere we haven't been yet, within a maximum of 7 hours drive (home is Gold Coast). Powered or not doesn't really bother us, and we love both national parks and caravan parks. Beautiful scenery is a must, as is a nice beach or estuary.
This will be our first trip with our new Swan (arriving in November), although we will be doing some short close-to-home trips beforehand to get used to it!

Hit me with your favourite NSW spots!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Bunjalung national park for me!

Or yuraygir national park.

Both are no frills, no power but beautifully quiet and peaceful.

Reactions: Drover and Noodles

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I suspect Drover would recommend Redrock.....probably for the fishing and the tranquility.

:bolt:

Your not wrong @Dobbie and even in school holidays when the place is packed, it's not crowded, you still have heaps of beach, river and places to just lay back, mind you the kids find their own fun like swimming, fishing and checking out the bush, riding their pushies, not a jumping castle or games room to be seen, ,mother nature wears the kids out, thats why it's magic don't need the junk you have at home.
Damn I might just rock on down, had a gutful of a building site.

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Right just read the OP now, if you don't need the beach but a lovely clear, fresh water river with fishing, Kayaking and swimming ( for the brave) free camping right near town by the river, heaps of room, non feral with a dump point in town ,1 km away which has some great shops then look at Bingara on the Gwydir River it's fantastic. I posted some photo's somewhere ????????

gwydercamp-jpg.jpg

I found it !!!!!!!! Gwydir River Bingara..........................

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Hastings Point caravan park. Great fishing in the river and wonderful beach that is up there with the best. Not too far from home for you either.

We go down there quite often for the day. It's such a beautiful spot. We've never camped there though- we will go there for a night or two when we first get our new camper.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hastings Point and Brunswick Heads are just getting so damn expensive, lovely area though.

What about Minnie Waters and Brooms Head ????

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
We like Brunswick Heads, Massey Greene CP, a bit pricey but on the river and close to the beach, a good playground outside the park for the kids.

Haven't been there yet. I'll check it out. We've stayed at some very pricey parks so not too worried about fees.

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Hastings Point and Brunswick Heads are just getting so damn expensive, lovely area though.

What about Minnie Waters and Brooms Head ????

Brooms Head is my other favourite! That's our winter spot. We were there during the last holidays.
I think we drove through Minnie Water when we stayed at Nambucca Heads. Pretty spot. I'll check it out too :)

steen rasmussen

Oct 3, 2014
Mango Hill, Qld
We go down there quite often for the day. It's such a beautiful spot. We've never camped there though- we will go there for a night or two when we first get our new camper.
Get you probably want to get further away from the home, makes it feel,like a proper getaway. Hope you find somewhere.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Folks raved about Wooli but it reminded me of Windang caravan park when I was a kid........but found the NP near Minnie Waters to be quite good but not much cheaper than a van park, Minnie Waters is a nice place, great beach.......

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
We've decided to go to Park Beach Holiday Park in Coffs Harbour for 4 or 5 nights, then head west to Cathedral Rock National Park and stay at Native Dog campsite for 2 nights, then head north to Washpool and have another 2 nights in the Bellbird campground.

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
We are staying at sapphire beach at coffs at christmas havent been there before very well priced looks good also looked hard at manning point carnt wait to go

Reactions: Drover

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
Emerald Beach just north of Sapphire (Coffs) was the unanimous favourite for our family. I know Big 4's aren't everyone's cup of tea but this place was amazing.

Reactions: PhilW

bob husband

Aug 20, 2018
bribie island
hastings point big 4 would have to be the best van park we have ever been to ,they even park your van for you ,and go the extra mile to keep campers feeling like family

Reactions: PhilW