New van

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Picked up the new van on Friday. Very happy with it, no problems towing and of course the kids had to sleep in it that night so we camped in the back yard. Highly recommend Doug and the team at Prestige Jayco in Bendigo. Shakedown trip planned for next weekend at Deniliquin Big 4:rockon:

Attachments

• img_2663.jpg
    img_2663.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 283
  • img_2665.jpg
    img_2665.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 296
  • img_2666.jpg
    img_2666.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 305
  • img_2667.jpg
    img_2667.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 295
  • img_2668.jpg
    img_2668.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 279
  • img_2669.jpg
    img_2669.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 287

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Picked up the new van on Friday. Very happy with it, no problems towing and of course the kids had to sleep in it that night so we camped in the back yard. Highly recommend Doug and the team at Prestige Jayco in Bendigo. Shakedown trip planned for next weekend at Deniliquin Big 4:rockon:

Looks Great Triton.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks guys. Packed the bed ends up tonight. The queen bed is an innerspring and we kept the egg shell foam from the Swan. I removed the thin mattress strip as discussed in another thread, however there was no way I was going to close the bed floor up. I had about an inch to go but just couldn't get it to close, so had to take the egg shells off.
Plan on getting the cafe blind style bed end protectors made up to avoid getting wet when we get stuck in rain. Also need to add a jerry can holder for when we camp out the river. Jerry can holders were supposed come standard with the outback. When I queried the dealer thought it was because the position of the spare tyre had changed and we negotiated a great deal on the annex floor. I will attach a jerry can holder myself after seeing it done here in another thread. Will also be looking out for a 12 volt tv to add, and need to get a 6 inch pole holder for the fishing rods. Pretty keen on making up the small fans that attach to the bed end poles as well.....so much to do.....so little time!:thumb:

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
We bought our Conica 24" LED with dvd player Full HD , that is 12V , from ebay for around $275 if I remember right and the sound and picture quality is 1st class very happy
DSCF2768.jpg

mfexpanda.....about to purchase one of these off ebay.....are you able to confirm that you can use the usb port to play movies off a memory stick/hard drive....or is the usb port just for recording tv footage onto memory stick.

Also. what do you use to hang the tv off the pop top frame?:help:

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
I have the teac model it has two USB ports on for 1 recording and 1 for playback on DVD player. LCD screens are best viewed straight on and not fro below unless tilted down as we found out

Reactions: Triton

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
mfexpanda.....about to purchase one of these off ebay.....are you able to confirm that you can use the usb port to play movies off a memory stick/hard drive....or is the usb port just for recording tv footage onto memory stick.

Also. what do you use to hang the tv off the pop top frame?:help:

Triton

The board behind the tv is screwed to the frame of the roof lifter and has a two piece tv bracket screwed to it .
The board and bracket stay on and we simply slot the tv, with the other half fitted , on to it when we want to use it.
We haven't used the usb port yet but the instructions says it to play music and movies /multi media and says its for pvr recording usb stick or external hard drive

Reactions: Triton

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
two piece tv bracket screwed to it .
The board and bracket stay on and we simply slot the tv, with the other half fitted , on to it when we want to use it.

Thanks mfexpanda......I am struggling to find a two piece tv bracket of the slot type......can only find the wall mounted style that screws into the back of the tv.....doesnt allow for easy slide in/out when its time to pack up.
Where did you get the bracket that slots in and out?

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
two piece tv bracket screwed to it .

Thanks mfexpanda......I am struggling to find a two piece tv bracket of the slot type......can only find the wall mounted style that screws into the back of the tv.....doesnt allow for easy slide in/out when its time to pack up.
Where did you get the bracket that slots in and out?

Sorry for the wait Triton

The 2 piece tv bracket was bought ages ago for our old expanda , 2005, it was from radio parts or something ,Hunt around you'll find something .
For us its a great setup

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
thanks.......looks like it will do the trick....appreciate your help....was just searching through ebay as well:thumb: