17' Series New owner

Katie D

Nov 18, 2018
Brisbane
Hi,
We have just picked up our new 17ft expanda, ready to get some practice in before we embark on a trip around Australia on the 1st of July for 7 months with 4 kids aged 10 and under! Really keen to get as much advise as possible especially when it comes to setting up inside to maximise storage etc!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Katie D . We did 3 months with 4 kids (15, 13, 11 and 9) in 2016. When we go away I have the blanket rule of '3 shorts, shirts and undies' when it comes to clothing. But on the lap, I allowed 4 of each, plus jacket and 1 pair pants. I found we didnt need much. I also just took stuff that gets used alot. Anything else got culled. I swapped the normal bath towels for those quick dry compact traveller type ones that roll up into nothing and have alot of collapsible storage. In the pantry I got one of those little stand alone shelves, this gave more storage for food. Other than that, alot of packing, unpacking and rearranging happened until I was happy. Plus, put things you use regularly in easy to get to places, and the "just in case" or stuff not used often in those hard to get to places.
Good luck. And remember, there are always shops somewhere.

Reactions: Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Welcome and certainly something to look forward to! We found that we have plenty of room in the van and try not to take something "just in case!" As Smirke said, there is always a shop somewhere if you need it.