New Off Road models

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Any body seem these at the Oct Melb Show?
Jayco’s New Dedicated Off-Road Caravan
Jayco Australia unveiled the first of its dedicated off-road caravans, a 19 foot Off Road Caravan at Melbourne Leisurefest in October 2016. After extensive customer feedback, the company extended the Off Road range to make a total of four models. These are:
1. Original 19.60-2 layout
2. New 19.60-3 floorplan, based on the very popular 19.61-3 Starcraft family model
3. Convenient 16’ caravan layout; and
4. Compact, go anywhere 13-43-2 Poptop version.
Compared to other outback equipped Jayco caravans, the new off-roader models are built on a stronger chassis, features a dual shock version of the company’s J-Tech suspension, extensive underbody protection and are specially fitted out for reliability and to enjoy the Australian bush.
The van is engineered to withstand rugged off-road conditions in the following ways:
* Special heavy duty coupling
* Off-road radial tyres and alloy rims
* A-frame which accommodates a large storage box with a slide out generator shelf plus space for two jerry cans and two 9kg gas bottles
* Heavy duty joints and anchor points
* Beefed up cabinetry that uses strips of alloy angle to secure all furniture and upgraded drawer slides
For convenience and safety when camping away from park facilities the van features:
* A full-width tunnel boot and a slide out kitchen area that’s fitted with a Weber barbecue provision, sink and storage
* J-HUB
* HWS
* TV/DVD
* A/C
* Rollout Awning
* Water filtration system with 12v pump
* External Shower
* A fold out picnic table
* Two solar panels and two 100ah batteries
* Two water tanks under the floor and separate grey water tank, all with full armour
You can get more details and inspect Jayco’s 13’ Pop Top and 19 foot Off Road vans at the 2017 Caravan & Camping Lifestyle Show or at Australian Caravan Co’s South Road SuperYard.
IMG_4549.PNG IMG_4550.PNG
IMG_4551.PNG IMG_4552.PNG

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Any body seem these at the Oct Melb Show?
Jayco’s New Dedicated Off-Road Caravan
Jayco Australia unveiled the first of its dedicated off-road caravans, a 19 foot Off Road Caravan at Melbourne Leisurefest in October 2016. After extensive customer feedback, the company extended the Off Road range to make a total of four models. These are:
1. Original 19.60-2 layout
2. New 19.60-3 floorplan, based on the very popular 19.61-3 Starcraft family model
3. Convenient 16’ caravan layout; and
4. Compact, go anywhere 13-43-2 Poptop version.
Compared to other outback equipped Jayco caravans, the new off-roader models are built on a stronger chassis, features a dual shock version of the company’s J-Tech suspension, extensive underbody protection and are specially fitted out for reliability and to enjoy the Australian bush.
The van is engineered to withstand rugged off-road conditions in the following ways:
* Special heavy duty coupling
* Off-road radial tyres and alloy rims
* A-frame which accommodates a large storage box with a slide out generator shelf plus space for two jerry cans and two 9kg gas bottles
* Heavy duty joints and anchor points
* Beefed up cabinetry that uses strips of alloy angle to secure all furniture and upgraded drawer slides
For convenience and safety when camping away from park facilities the van features:
* A full-width tunnel boot and a slide out kitchen area that’s fitted with a Weber barbecue provision, sink and storage
* J-HUB
* HWS
* TV/DVD
* A/C
* Rollout Awning
* Water filtration system with 12v pump
* External Shower
* A fold out picnic table
* Two solar panels and two 100ah batteries
* Two water tanks under the floor and separate grey water tank, all with full armour
You can get more details and inspect Jayco’s 13’ Pop Top and 19 foot Off Road vans at the 2017 Caravan & Camping Lifestyle Show or at Australian Caravan Co’s South Road SuperYard.
View attachment 47774 View attachment 47775
View attachment 47776 View attachment 47777

Hi,
yes, they had a prototype on display. Mean, tough looking unit.

They had a contest asking to name it. We didn't win it. I thought Jabiru was a great name.
Just after we left we saw another manufacturer who agreed with us!!!!!

Since I didn't get one for free, I lost interest :(

cheers
Mike

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Our show in Adelaide starts on the 15th Feb.
Will also take photos inside and out if they let me.
They are sometimes very protective of their van design and frown on pics.
I know one of the agents quite well so will make sure I clear it with him.
They hopefully will have a brochure with specs and pics so will definitely collect that.

Reactions: bigcol

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Ok, went to our local Caravan and Camping Liesure show this weekend.
Promised a few pics o the new Adveturer range. They had 5 vans there so here they are;
IMG_5698.JPG IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5688.JPG IMG_5689.JPG
These were the two that interested us.

Some inside pics
IMG_5695.JPG IMG_5696.JPG
IMG_5697.JPG IMG_5701.JPG
And some around and under the van
IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5693.JPG IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5694.JPG IMG_5692.JPG IMG_5699.JPG
Also got a hold of the booklet but too lge to upload.
Here is the link to the Jayco website
http://www.jayco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-Adventurer-Brochure.pdf

IMG_4580.JPG IMG_4581.JPG
Well Pandites, what do you think?
The 16.50-3 was $85,970
The 19.60-2 was $92,464
A few bits on the show vans;
Rear vision camera,
12V-240V Waeco RPD 218 fridge (vents through the roof)
I fit onto the bed!! I am 196cm tall.
2 x 120A deep cycle batteries
Pull out pantry etc
Look at the Interior and exterior specs.
The 19.60-2 had the tri-fold table
Inner spring mattresses
2x150 Solar panels and washing machine on the larger vans.
All had Truma E2400 gas ducted heating.
For me the 13.43 is too small, the 16.50 seems ideal but actually our 14.44-5 has more living space once the bed hangs out the front. The 19.60-2 bed does 'extend' with a bolster insert that I would probably need to 'Bolster' out further to get the length I need
Fans and 12v power at the bed(s)
Over to you guys!
:bolt:

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok, went to our local Caravan and Camping Liesure show this weekend.
Promised a few pics o the new Adveturer range. They had 5 vans there so here they are;
View attachment 48006 View attachment 48007
View attachment 48008 View attachment 48009
These were the two that interested us.

Some inside pics
View attachment 48010 View attachment 48011 View attachment 48012
View attachment 48013 View attachment 48014
And some around and under the van
View attachment 48015 View attachment 48016 View attachment 48019
View attachment 48017 View attachment 48018 View attachment 48022
Also got a hold of the booklet but too lge to upload.
Here is the link to the Jayco website
http://www.jayco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-Adventurer-Brochure.pdf

View attachment 48020 View attachment 48021
Well Pandites, what do you think?
The 16.50-3 was $85,970
The 19.60-2 was $92,464
A few bits on the show vans;
Rear vision camera,
12V-240V Waeco RPD 218 fridge (vents through the roof)
I fit onto the bed!! I am 196cm tall.
2 x 120A deep cycle batteries
Pull out pantry etc
Look at the Interior and exterior specs.
The 19.60-2 had the tri-fold table
Inner spring mattresses
2x150 Solar panels and washing machine on the larger vans.
All had Truma E2400 gas ducted heating.
For me the 13.43 is too small, the 16.50 seems ideal but actually our 14.44-5 has more living space once the bed hangs out the front. The 19.60-2 bed does 'extend' with a bolster insert that I would probably need to 'Bolster' out further to get the length I need
Fans and 12v power at the bed(s)
Over to you guys!
:bolt:

I particularly like the octagonal highlight window, and the antique dresser. The pine pelmets I can take or leave, but that huge Samsung TV is a great addition. Timber sash windows, free wheeling drawer units and plaster walls seem a bit of a backwards step in design, but what would I know.

PS, pick up your undies Marv

Last edited:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I particularly like the octagonal highlight window, and the antique dresser. The pine pelmets I can take or leave, but that huge Samsung TV is a great addition. Timber sash windows, free wheeling drawer units and plaster walls seem a bit of a backwards step in design, but what would I know.

PS, pick up your undies Marv

View attachment 48027

Was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that photo, doesn't quite fit the image of an "Adventurer"......haha

Reactions: Crusty181

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth

These pics interest me, I had read somewhere that the fridge vents are sealed, guessing that thats what the two elongated hatches are on the first pic next to the toilet window on the 19.60-2 and then a single down low on the 16.50-3 with the upper vent in the roof. Had wondered how they were doing it. Wonder how well the fridge would run whilst travelling with those closed. can imagine some people having trouble reaching the top one on the 19.60.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
These pics interest me, I had read somewhere that the fridge vents are sealed, guessing that thats what the two elongated hatches are on the first pic next to the toilet window on the 19.60-2 and then a single down low on the 16.50-3 with the upper vent in the roof. Had wondered how they were doing it. Wonder how well the fridge would run whilst travelling with those closed. can imagine some people having trouble reaching the top one on the 19.60.
12v fridges don't require the same venting as evaporative fridges

But ..... what is that hatch next to the bathroom window

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that photo, doesn't quite fit the image of an "Adventurer"......haha

Rugged? @Marv_mart 8-)

Looks like Jayco are diversifying towards the more off-road high spec market. We looked at a few of these alternatives and the prices frightened us but, in reality, we felt the off road credentials weren't much better than the Jayco outback range. The alternatives ranged from about $76k to $145k so I guess that's the target market for these.

Where they win is in the standard specs ....options so diesel heaters, standard toolboxes, trifold table, innersprings, separate shower and toilet.....mmmmmm

I'm beginning to think we've done well with our Golf

Trifold,
Innersprings
Separate shower and toilet
heavier suspension
Reading lights etc etc

But no diesel heater!

If you bought one if the Adventurers, there's not a lot of modding you'd have to do...you'd be bored witless!

and a lot poorer.

Reactions: dagree