New member and new to caravans

Newclan

Jun 26, 2011
Port Hedland
G’day I am new to the caravan world, I have purchased a Expanda 18.57.7, it is still in Perth as I am waiting to see if I am going to get solar panels installed along with some other bits and pieces before I drive down and pick it up, though I am looking at putting on a mates truck to get back to the Hedland.

I am planning on doing some short local trips around the Pilbara and the Kimberley and in the future driving around Oz. I have a 19month old and another baby due late this year.

I currently have a Hilux though am researching new cars for the wife. Can anyone suggest suitable vehicles for us? I am thinking of a Pajero, my budget is around 40K.

Any other suggestions for the van would be appreciated, I will post photos when I get then van up here.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hi and welcome,

Sounds like you have big plans........don't we all.

As for a car in that price bracket try the four P's: Pajero, Pathfinder, Prado, Patrol. Theres heaps out there, good luck and have fun!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday Newclan and welcome :)

How heavy is the 18.57.7?

Double check with the Pajero as they have 3T towing from what I understand but the ball weight drops on them over 250kg might now be an issue for you but may pay to double check.

We bought a Pathfinder 05 with 3T towing and instead of loss in ball weight its GVM drops if over certain ball weights.

It still meets our needs for the van we are getting and the next one.

Let us know how you get on.