17' Series New Kings 2kva Generator - Works a treat with Aircon

Duncanblake36

Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
Hi All,
Bought a new Kings 2kva Generator as a backup just in case the batteries get low when bush camping (which has happened a few times). Tested it out today. Works a treat. Started first pull which was crazy. Has Eco mode so is super quiet. Ran the AirCon (Truma) on my 2015 17.56.2 OB. Can't fault it at the moment. Comes with 2 years warranty. Its light and quiet. Bought it off ebay for $374 inc delivery and cover. Could not justify the $2,000 cost for a honda / yamaha.

Very happy camper - Just as a backup.

Attachments

• IMG_4629.JPG
    IMG_4629.JPG
    529.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_4631.JPG
    IMG_4631.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 354

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you use it for running the AC and other high demand stuff, run the Genny for a couple of minutes with a light load before turning the AC on but not at full noise settings bring the AC temp down/fan up gradually this lessons the thump to the Genny and will give it good life............ I give my gennies a run every month or so for 20 mins to keep them happy, I don't drain all the fuel out either..... but if your going to leave it on the shelf for months and not touch it then drain the fuel, don't use that ethanol stuff even if they say you can.

Certainly looks good and a wonderful price.

Reactions: chartrock

Duncanblake36

Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
Gave it a good go over the long weekend here in Vic down the Murray River. Just wanted to give it a good test and didn't disappoint. The eco mode makes it really quiet. Aircon and microwave worked a treat. Ran the aircon for 30 minutes without fault. Ran the microwave for several minutes to cook some spuds before they went into the weber. Pretty happy so far. I'll do the same with this - start it up every month or so.
$370 I'm still blown away.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
That sounds really good and I am looking at trying to do some free camping so having something like this may help just to recharge batteries etc while away.
Might have to look into this.