NEW Gas Bottle Valve coming to a tank near you...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Anyone notice a new valve on new gas bottles ?????? Well there's a new valve out which replaces the old POL fitting but thankfully common sense was used and the old style fittings will fit thugh the new gas fittings won't fit the old, read on.............

rags

Anyone notice a new valve on new gas bottles ?????? Well there's a new valve out which replaces the old POL fitting but thankfully common sense was used and the old style fittings will fit thugh the new gas fittings won't fit the old, read on.............

Fork lift connection mixed with a POL Fitting

Reactions: Drover

rags

Yes, it is the connection used on forklifts etc and also for decanting valves.

As there will be an issue in future when it is mandated that gas regulators are sold with the New LCC27 fitting which won’t connect to a POL fitting that we currently find on cylinders is when there will be a problem. But fear not, you can get an adaptor.

It won’t be an issue for the reverse of existing pol fittings into the new LCC27 bottle fitting.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I swap my bottles so won't be an issue at all and to those who don't well I reckon within 10 years all the old bottles will be replaced with new ones, for once a transition that shouldn't be a big issue..... and if you have new style fitttings then its just make sure you get a new valved bottle at a swap.........

Guesty

Jun 18, 2021
Adelaide
I've had a couple of variations of the swap and go bottles in Adelaide with the new connections. Looks the their just replacing the valves, as the Elgas one had a few layers of paint.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
New valves when they do a retest, pity they don't give them a shot blast as well to get the old paint off.........

Reactions: mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
New valves when they do a retest, pity they don't give them a shot blast as well to get the old paint off.........
Hi,
I agree, not removing the old paint adds extra weight to the van and I reckon even puts a bitter taste in the gas which can be noticed when eating food cooked with gas.

Seriously, it has been over four months since we have been camping. At this stage, I would be happy to use any bottle that has some gas in it and has the right connection.

take care
Mike

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Drover

Guesty

Jun 18, 2021
Adelaide
Hi,
I agree, not removing the old paint adds extra weight to the van and I reckon even puts a bitter taste in the gas which can be noticed when eating food cooked with gas.

Seriously, it has been over four months since we have been camping. At this stage, I would be happy to use any bottle that has some gas in it and has the right connection.

take care
Mike
You sure its not the lack of camping that's giving you the bitter taste?

The extra weight isn't a problem, it's more getting them to slide into the bottle holders that makes it difficult at times if they've been generous with the paint job.

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
One on Big Mal at the moment, the paint exploded all over the place when I fitted it, shed a bit of weight then, hate to say it but it will be MT later this week, unless the storms chase us home...........