New Gadget

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
The wireless reversing camera with the clip on mirror monitor arrived today
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17079450...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1736wt_1144
Not sure if I'm impressed or not, very easy to install soldered the power wires to the numberplate light on the xpanda that way the power is to it when the lights are on and I usually drive with the lights on. Mounted the camera down low next to the numberplate light, which I'm thinking will be better for reversing ,I think the distance may be a problem because the image is a bit spotty tried to take a picture of it but not successfully . But here a few pics of the install quite nice not to have to run wires the length of the van but a bit pointless if I'm not getting a good image, will try relocating the transmitter and see what happens. :shocked:
IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
If I could offer any advice, it would be get a wired system.
I've read nothing good about wireless camera systems, especially when it comes to transmitting the signal from the rear of a van to the front of a car.
Too much interference.

Yes hard wired ones can be a bit of a pain to instal but when done correctly the image is excellent.
I highly recommend these guys. Have a look at their caravanners special. (No affiliation either BTW, just a happy customer)
Not the cheapest but fantastic customer support over the phone if needed.

The beauty of these systems is there is no need to find power at the rear of the van, one 12v connection in the car powers it all.

Cheers,
Matty

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Tatong Yeah spend your $$ on a wired one the wireless one I bought is useless over the distance from the back of the Van to the car but is acceptable from the back of the car to the front lot of interference from the Radio ,CB, etc
Cheers Grant

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep wired works well for me too. I am not sure if you can get the camera working temporally without connected to the tug, but best way to confirm if the sportiness is due to interference is by getting the sending and receiving units closer to each other somehow. If sportiness disappears when you do that then you know it is due to interference and distance.