16' Series New Expanda Model 16.49-4

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and in passing asked of any new expanda models. He mentioned the new 16.49-4 that will replace the 16.49-2. The new model it a double ended model with bunks still but the layout is very similar to the 17.56-1 (non bathrrom model). Should be pretty much the same, just slightly smaller. Still has the bottom bunk converting to a little table as well.

All the dealers have the new floor plan, its not up on the Jayco website yet though.

Just thought i would put it out there for those in the market:smokin:

Reactions: foldtrip

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I think it is the one my neighbor put an order on a few weeks ago. They said it is the same size as ours but with the 17" layout with the both ends and bunks. Looking forward to seen it. Apparently there is new colours to pick from. The ones that are in this years models are not avalible. Dam, Next week I wont have the latest model :noidea:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Apparently there is new colours to pick from. The ones that are in this years models are not avalible.
When we ordered ours, we got to see the colours for 2012, they are the same as this year, but they have the addition of a blue for the seats and a different laminate, more like a smokey marble look. They are also building with different door furniture. Apart from these additions the others colours are still included.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
When we ordered ours, we got to see the colours for 2012, they are the same as this year, but they have the addition of a blue for the seats and a different laminate, more like a smokey marble look. They are also building with different door furniture. Apart from these additions the others colours are still included.

Will be interesting to see the new door furniture... A darker laminate would look good against the lighter 2011 colored wood finish

foldtrip

Feb 6, 2011
perth
this is great news, we want a 17.56-1 but the ball weight is 10 over... Does anyone know, the 16.49-2 , does the bottom bunk convert to a table, or is this a new feature for the 16.49-4?

foldtrip

Feb 6, 2011
perth
16.49-4 floorplan

as promised

photo (1).JPG

Reactions: Moto Moto

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Yes thats correct there are new colours, our dealer first said that the colour combinations were set, but after chasing this we got the colour combination we were after, a bit dissapointed that 2011 colours were not available as we liked them and initally picked out the ones that we wanted. Not seeing the new colours is a bit of a worry but they should be ok.
We ordered ours in September last year and should get it mid to end Feburary (fingers crossed). We have added quite a few extras as its easier to get them done in production then later on. Have got plan with all measurements on and will try and upload soon.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hi, I've answered my own question, Ordered a 16.49-4 yesterday for delivery early April! We are v excited. There are new colours and we are reviewing them at the planning meeting in 3-4 weeks time.
I'll upload the floor plan shortly

Congrats on the order!
That was quick, people are ordering them already:smokin: