20' Series New Expanda 20.64-1

swarve78

Jan 7, 2018
Perth
Hi gang
we have our new van arriving in January and it’s the first new van we’ve purchased.
given the massive demand right now I’m a bit concerned about quality control.
any recommendations of what to do / look for?
I’m thinking of taking it to a trusted caravan repairers for an inspection?
very impatient and excited for it to arrive though and hoping dates don’t get pushed back again! I am hearing August delivery time for new orders!!
cheers
chrus

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Dont be too concerned. Realistically whatever may be faulty will likely not stop you from paying the balance and taking it home, so take your time at the hand over ceremony and importantly before you hand over the balance get the dealer to acknowledge and commit to issues that you find in the first few weeks will be treated as urgent predelivery faults, and not the usual BS book me 3 months down the track warranty claim rubbish.

For later on Jayco warranty is generally very good and there are plenty of folk on here (me included) that have had expensive issues fixed way outside warranty, and its only later on that youll likely find the less obvious issues.

My best advise is to take your most practical, obnoxious, opinionated mate with you to handover with a brief to identify and call out BS and find as many faults as he can at prizefighting $2 per fault found. Your mate wont have any interest in the functions and how toos and he'll be invaluable where you'll likely be a little too overwhelmed and too emotionally involved to hear and see everything whilst trying to absorb the royal tour and functional instructions

Last edited:
Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep agree with CrustyCon, especially the straight up mate bit....................if you get too anxious and want to hurry thru the checks before you take it, just think of sitting in camp hundreds of miles from home with warm beer and the steaks going green because the fridge was a dud from the start............ only accept a morning handover not a Friday and take a few hours to check every damn thing that opens, closes, switches on and don't take any BS its in the book, she'll be right answers or the old favourite, any problems ring me and we will get it fixed straight away and give you a loaner if any longer...lol,lol,lol.......... make sure everything runs and if unsure ask them, saying you will leave it till they fix it may be painfull but better than a dud van sitting in your yard waiting a few months......
I certainly hope your delivery date stays the same...........

Reactions: Crusty181

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Agreed, check everything, but if you do find a problem later don’t be too concerned. . We have had 4 Jayco s. Had issues with all of them, big and small, and without fail the dealer has fixed everything both in and out of warranty.
Enjoy the new van.