Interior New Draws

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
On reading some of the other posts, i am now thinking about adding a couple of extra draws, one in the front under the table and two at the back under the bed. My question is, do you buy pre-made draws or do you make them yourself? If you make them, where do you get the front so that it matches the van?

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
As @Crusty181 alluded to... I was able to purchase the front drawer panels from Jayco (it was a few years ago) and then purchased the rest of the material from Bunnings. Everything matched and they looked like factory fitted ones. Copied their mounting from other drawers in the van.

You can see them under the bunk here... Sold this van a while ago.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
As @Crusty181 alluded to... I was able to purchase the front drawer panels from Jayco (it was a few years ago) and then purchased the rest of the material from Bunnings. Everything matched and they looked like factory fitted ones. Copied their mounting from other drawers in the van.

Nice job ... want an apprenticeship??

Reactions: bigcol and twscoot

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

Hmm this is exactly what I want under the rear bed.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpeg
Just put a couple of draws in, used the timber frame from around wardrobe door for fronts to match in and just used 12mm ply for draws