14' Series New 2015 expanda

Mattanddeb

Mar 18, 2015
Victoria
Hi we are new to this forum. We are wondering if someone could help us. We have just ordered a new expanda 14.44.4 bunk model. We have to sign off on our papers but have just been told jayco are yet to decide or design bed end flys for this model. We were under the impression they were the same as the last 2014 model. No one at jayco has been of any help & we have been told it will be an after market purchase.

We are a bit annoyed as we have upgraded from a jayco eagle and bed end flys are a must for us and cannot believe they are making the new expanda vans without even deciding on bed end flys??? Has anyone heard anything different? Hoping someone can help!!!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Welcome! When we went to the recent C & C show in Adelaide, I had a good look at the the new bed end hard covers that are coming with the new style vans. Although none of the vans had BE covers installed, I asked about them and the rep said that the BE Flys were the same as the ones on the 2014 model which also had the new design lids and would use the privacy screen studs etc but added "that's what he was led to believe", probably to cover his ar... Yes the BE Flys are additional but I thought they could be ordered at the time of ordering your van.
Make sure you get additionals eg power points and 12v outlets placed where you want them before signing off.
Check other threads for what others have done.
We now wish we had done this but only found out these sort of tweaks were possible after we already had our van and I joined this forum.

Last edited:

Mattanddeb

Mar 18, 2015
Victoria
Welcome! When we went to the recent C & C show in Adelaide, I had a good look at the the new bed end hard covers that are coming with the new style vans. Although none of the vans had BE covers installed, I asked about them and the rep said that the BE Flys were the same as the ones on the 2014 model which also had the new design lids and would use the privacy screen studs etc but added "that's what he was led to believe", probably to cover his ar... Yes the BE Flys are additional but I thought they could be ordered at the time of ordering your van.
Make sure you get additionals eg power points and 12v outlets placed where you want them before signing off.
Check other threads for what others have done.
We now wish we had done this but only found out these sort of tweaks were possible after he already had our van and I joined this forum.

Thank you so much, we will read the other posts & definitely add the flys before we sign off!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
We now wish we had done this but only found out these sort of tweaks were possible after we already had our van and I joined this forum.
Been there, caught by that lack of info. There are a number of things that we weren't advised about at the time of ordering that we found out about later on through this Forum. Hard to believe the lack of communication between Jayco and their Dealers.

Feb 19, 2015
Adelaide
www.erms.com.au
We ordered a new van a month ago with privacy screens, told that they are a different design to 2014 hard lid, but new design flys / screens should be ready to go around May- June this year. We will see.

Tonykarter15

Jan 23, 2015
Central Coast
I have a new van on order now and got told the same thing from Jayco Newcastle. They indicated that the hard top on a 2015 van is wider then the preceding one.

Mattanddeb

Mar 18, 2015
Victoria
Just heard that they have not even designed them yet! So maybe June-July? They stuffed up thinking the old ones would fit but this is the first time in 10 years they have completely changed everything so this has been a massive oversight they said. Mmmmm... Wish I knew all this a little earlier! Would have bought a 2014 new model !!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @Mattanddeb to the forum
yes it dont sound too good, but that is a failing with Jayco - lack of communication
however
their after sales service IS second to none.......................... so any problems can / will be / and are fixed

as @Marv_mart said, pick all your 240v and 12v power points and add as many as you can afford - get them done when built - betterer idea

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I have a new van on order now and got told the same thing from Jayco Newcastle. They indicated that the hard top on a 2015 van is wider then the preceding one.

welcome as well @Tonykarter15 to the forum

also, @Tonykarter15 & @Mattanddeb

we like stories of your trips
we like pictures of your trips and travels
and
we like people to see our Mods to our Vans, comment / like / copy as well if you require, or want..........
we also like to spend your hard earned coin - but thats fine hey................

Mattanddeb

Mar 18, 2015
Victoria
Thank u for the advice! That's great. We are going to go and try not to have an annex with this van. Got a few plans for it so once we get it will post photos and what we do. Going to try and make our own water proof bed end cover and also rather than have use of the table just eat under the stars and have that converted to a lounge. The 14ft has really no where to sit so a comfy lounge is more important to us! Also as we did for our eagle, make an extended bed rail for little tots!

Our regular spots so far is pambula nsw, and we go to barwon heads vice every Christmas. Both great spots and hard to try others as they might not be as good! Started to read up on all other members trips though and they are amazing !

Just so excited to get our new van!

Mattanddeb

Mar 18, 2015
Victoria
Amazing! Especially for kids. Kangaroos everywhere and such an amazing beach. Pambula river is just so beautiful to swim at. It's one of those spots that once you set up you don't need to leave as everything you need is there!

hank

Jan 26, 2015
Adelaide
Hi Matanddeb
I picked up my 2015 14.44.4 2 weeks ago, Great van the kids love the bunks .

IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome @Mattanddeb love the little 14.44-4, its a great van that will serve you well.

I had a quick look at the new 2015 expanda in the flesh yesterday and even though the lid is a bit different, I can't see why they can't still use the old bed fly's, they are not that much different to me, or maybe I was missing something.........................

The new 50/50 fold mattresses are a great improvement in my opinion though.
PS nice van @hank make sure you introduce yourself over in the introductions section of the forum.

Navman

Jun 28, 2013
Amazing! Especially for kids. Kangaroos everywhere and such an amazing beach. Pambula river is just so beautiful to swim at. It's one of those spots that once you set up you don't need to leave as everything you need is there!
Soo agree. Pambula is one of my favourite spots. Will be there this time next week. So excited :)

hank

Jan 26, 2015
Adelaide
Thanks Moto Moto .

Matanddeb My van was a display van at the Adelaide show but I put deposit on it a month before the show it had already been ordered with mostly what I wanted , Antenna, TV stand, TV , Stereo inside and out, fold out table , 2 gas bottles,Ive added shelves to wardrobe,12 volt pump and water filter. If I had the chance I would have added the Drifta control panel and maybe hot water and outside shower but Ill buy a Aqua Cube and take it when required. And Im getting the new bed end cover when its released ??.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Matanddeb
I picked up my 2015 14.44.4 2 weeks ago, Great van the kids love the bunks .

View attachment 30819 View attachment 30820 View attachment 30821
Hi @hank , my name is also Hank (Hendricus actually, long Dutch heritage), my Nom de Plum of course is @Marv_mart. Welcome. We have a 14.44-5 OB as there are only two of us. Check my thread and others who have the 14.44's for mods we have done! Cheers
PS: if you type in the @ before the persons ID, it will allow you to link to their threads.