20' Series New 20:64-1 OB Jockey Wheel height problem (Trailamate or Boss)

TarmacNtrack

Mar 2, 2017
Perth
I have the same problem as i've gone up in rim size (16 inch) and tyre size 305/75/16.
The poor old alko that came with the van just hasn't got the shaft length.
My Tug is also lifted 3 inches with 315/75/16 rubber on it.
So i've gone for the "ALKO 10" POWER MOVER RATCHET JOCKEY WHEEL"
For $120 Doll hairs
Capture1_zpsjazu3mpe.jpg
  • Raises to height of 840mm
  • Static capacity 350kg
  • Dynamic capacity 150kg
Ill let you know how it fares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derm

TarmacNtrack

Mar 2, 2017
Perth
Sorry for the slow reply i've been flat chat.

The ALKO 10" POWER MOVER RATCHET JOCKEY WHEEL" Works a treat.
Happy camper,Its rock solid and built well.
Though there is a little B.S In the description, The maximum height is 780mm but that's more than enough for me.

Just make sure if you order it you get the mover ratchet on the correct side you need it. My jockey wheel is on the right hand side of the draw bar (looking at the front of the van) and the ratchet is on the left.:frusty:

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
I am looking into a new jockey wheel as I hate the Alko one. Not strong enough and too short to lift the Starcraft off the 200. Torn between the BOS and the TrailAMate. I have heard the TrailAMate has issues with blowing seals, where you won't have that issue with a BOS.

I'd really like some more opinions on the BOS.

I know this is an old thread, but may help somebody in the future. I always had height problems with the Alko jockey wheel, so bought a Trailamate,,which lasted exactly 13 months before it stopped working. No joy from the importer or retailer for repair or replacement so I purchased a BOS 5 rib jockey wheel and have had it for two years. I would say, without a doubt its the best "accesory" I have purchased for the caravan. I use a battery drill with it.
I have a near new, non working, trailamate here to give away if anybody wants it.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @Falco, whereabouts on the GC are you? I’m at Helensvale and have used a Trailmate for a few years and it was 2nd hand when I bought it. It has been good although I have not used it to jack the van up as I never welded the brackets onto the side of the van but it holds the van while stored at home.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
I have a standard cruiser with a Hayman Reese drop shank at it lowest. I still had height issues disconnecting the van.
I even had to resort to jumping on the rear of the car to get it off.
I bought a trail mate last week as we continue our lap.
It has solved all my issues, I love it.

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
I have a standard cruiser with a Hayman Reese drop shank at it lowest. I still had height issues disconnecting the van.
I even had to resort to jumping on the rear of the car to get it off.
I bought a trail mate last week as we continue our lap.
It has solved all my issues, I love it.

I really liked my trailamate too. Until it stopped working. NO backup from retailer or importer. I wont have the same problem with my BOS jockey wheel that replaced the broken trailamate.

Last edited: