NEW 17.56-2Ob DELIVERED

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
After an 8 month wait we finally collected our new 17.56-2OB on Saturday from Watsons Jayco Coffs Harbour. Pre-delivery was great with Chris Watson. We had been assured by the sales rep. that our van came fitted with LED globes as standard...but it did'nt. Chris soon changed the 3 main interiors over to LED but we realised later that these were only 3 lights of 7. Something to chase up this week. Everything else appeared sweet and we took it to a caravan park for a few nights to "break in". The only warrantly issues we have found so far is a drawer latch and small cupboard trim issue. The general fit and finish is worlds' ahead of the Swan OB we purchased back in 2008 so maybe the "war on warranty" is happening. With a heavy right foot and a steep climb from the coast up through Dorrigo, we certainly came to appreciate how great the Swan was to tow. The Expanda sits nicely but for someone who thinks 100kph is the minimum speed limit, it's like pulling a dead weight uphill. Used approx. 20ltr/100km diesel coming up the range and this dropped back to a reasonable 16 ish' along the top of the range and down to Tamworth. Just have to remember to adapt, improvise and overcome...

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
:thumb: Congratulations Wado. We have done that climb over the range and it sure is a good stiff climb. What is your tow vehicle? Glad the van has shaped up well & you are happy with the finish.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Glad to hear your already enjoying your new 17' Wado. That sure is a decent climb over that hill I remember doing it with my OB Hawk a few years ago, it was very scenic I haven't taken the Expanda over there.........yet :thumb: