new 14.44-5 shower trouble

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Hi all
We finally picked up our new panda, headed straight off for the weekend. Everything going great till shower time, the wife gets in and starts cursing almost straight away. Water nice and hot but pressure lasts about 5 seconds then starts to spit and splutter. We're free camping on tanks and battery.
Will ring dealers when we get back but thought someone might have some ideas.
Thanks
Tony

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Might be a kinked hose or air getting in to the lines somewhere. My van was missing a few hose clamps here and there (i have a handful of spare clamps too now).

I also have a kinked breather line from one of my tanks which make filling a slow process. I know where it is kinked, just can't get to it without removing the fridge (same as your model).

Have a good look underneath, while the water is on too, and see if you can spot anything.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Does the Cold water come out on its own nice and strong without spluttering?
If so it may be that the tempering valve is installed incorrectly I had a similar problem with mine except mine was not working when connected to mains pressure

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Did you purge the air out of the hot water system ? It's one of the first things I do once I hook up the water.

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Thanks all to your replies,
Found another thread about shower that suggested priming hand pump. It seems that the non return value on the hand pump is not working and if I pump it before showering, shower works, yahoo.
Will get dealer to fix when we get home.
Tony