17' Series Need help with water systems!

Darwin Trippers

Jul 6, 2016
Darwin
Hi everyone, just after some help about the water systems on my 17-56-2. When I plug the hose in from the tap and turn the pump on, should this then just provide an endless supply or do I need to fill the tanks? Is there a switch to swap between the tanks and the hose?

I have the hose connected but the pressure seems very poor and the pump sometimes continues to run, just not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

Would love some please!

Thanks in advance.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
if you are using the mains hose then you don't use the pump. The pump is for when you are camping without mains water and are using the tanks. The tanks are filled via 2 separate filling points either side of where you connect the hose. Under the van is a 3 way tap which allow you to choose between front tank only - rear tanks only - or both

Reactions: 17triton

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi everyone, just after some help about the water systems on my 17-56-2. When I plug the hose in from the tap and turn the pump on, should this then just provide an endless supply or do I need to fill the tanks? Is there a switch to swap between the tanks and the hose?

I have the hose connected but the pressure seems very poor and the pump sometimes continues to run, just not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

Would love some please!

Thanks in advance.

When you are connected to mains supply, you turn your water pump off, and you will then be using the mains supply only. If you leave the pump turned on, it will still be drawing water out of your tanks.

Many people, including myself suffer from poor pressure when connected to mains, mainly because caravan park water pressure is usually pretty poor anyhow, but its worsened by the pressure limiting valve fitted to your plumbing system to protect the hot water system etc.

Many people on here have removed the PLV and stretched the internal spring so that it lessens the pressure restriction.

Have a look at http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/mains-water-pressure-regulator.6576/

Last edited: