Nearly there!!!!!

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Called Brisbane Camperland today and was informed that the new panda is here and we can pick it up from the 13th March. My next weekday day off is the 23rd so we have to wait an extra 10 days to pick it up. This is so hard and you realise what limitations are put on you living on an Island. We are however planning to have a look and hopefully get some photos on the 9th. Can't wait to check it out.:whoo:

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
THe 23rd is when our Discovery is meant to be collected. Very exciting now. I hope it's on time!!!!! Planning on staying in it that weekend, then a week away 2 weeks later.

Reactions: randl007

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Called Brisbane Camperland today and was informed that the new panda is here and we can pick it up from the 13th March. My next weekday day off is the 23rd so we have to wait an extra 10 days to pick it up. This is so hard and you realise what limitations are put on you living on an Island. We are however planning to have a look and hopefully get some photos on the 9th. Can't wait to check it out.:whoo:

:confused:Why does it take so long for them to get yours ready?

My dealer had mine delivered on Friday night (24.2.12) and will be ready for pick up this Saturday (3.3.12). He even told me that the mechanics/technicians will give the van a thorough going over, even taking off the wheels and adjusting brakes, flushing out the tanks, making sure all of the appliance work and that the cupboard latches are all adjusted properly.

Maybe you could ask them to have it ready earlier for you so you can pick it up when you go to look at it.

Anyhow which ever way it goes I am sure you will enjoy your new Van.

Reactions: randl007

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Its great to think its nearly here after so long. we were planning a weekend away that weekend, however becuase we plan to store it on the mainland we will bring it over for a few weeks to make sure it is in top shape then look at a shakedown weekedn. May have to be the mayday weekend when we havelots of others to help.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
its due to the Awning they only come once a week and that means next Tuesday Measure the following to fit. Hence why its going to be so long. we missed out on the measure by 1 day. Bugger

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
its due to the Awning they only come once a week and that means next Tuesday Measure the following to fit. Hence why its going to be so long. we missed out on the measure by 1 day. Bugger

That's a real pain in the :deadhorse: (closest I could find to a Donkey)

I hope everything goes well with the delivery, I know how much of a pain it is waiting, especially when you know it is there in the yard.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Well we are getting closer, Today we went to have a look at our new baby and OMG we are so in love with her that we wanted to drive away there and then but reason saw through as we still need a Stone guard, hyland coupling and fridge fan fitting, as well as the awning walls. Here are a few pictures and yes the innersprung mattress came standard.
216.JPG207.JPG208.JPG209.JPG210.JPG213.JPG

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Those draws under the sink look interesting.
Is the top on a full sized draw or does it sit in front of the sink?

No the top one just pulls down and has a very small area where you could probably store the dishcloth and washing up liquid. The rest are full size draws

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Tomorrow we are going to get handover but will not be picking up until Saturday due to a birthday and staying in Brisbane. Sunday will be a day of looking at the expanda in great detail. Cannot wait. Will post some more pictures when we have her home

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Looking good, very nice on the boat.

Few of us Patrol/Expanda combos now.

I have poyairs in mine and i think they are great when towing. Depending on the tow ball weight you may be beter off with a WDH as well. Looks pretty heavy in the pics.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks great, mate. I agree with Moto, it is rather nose down with your tug also rear down, so WDH may bring it back.

It's been worth the wait so get out and enjoy.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Ok So here are a few more Pics. The wine on the table is a must in the mod section. We also went for the shower curtain, will see if we like it when we finally get out and about.001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG008.JPG