Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Venue: Nagambie Lakes Leisure Park
Address: Loddings Lane, Nagambie
Phone: 1800 155 919
Link:
http://www.nagambielakespark.com.au/index.html

Date Visited: 22/5/15 – 24/5/15 (2 nights)
Visitors: 2 adults, 3kids
Rate: $50/n

Review:
Thanks to some brainstorming by some of EDU’s finest, Nagambie was determined to be the venue of the next Victorian EDU get together. A non-descript weekend between regatta’s and Mother’s Days and the like was chosen and plans were made.

The site was prepaid before arriving, which I thought was quite strange, but in the end, we had nothing to do with Reception, driving in with our provided code and out on the same code. It’s pretty sweet as we found out, and low maintenance that’s for sure. A few concerns about the rate of $50/n for off season in central Victoria. It was hardly high demand, and I reckon a tad bit rich… Mind you… it’s probably the 3 kids that sting us again!

On the lead up to the weekend there was confusion as to whether we could have fires, but management sorted it out and @17triton and I brought our fire barrels for ambience. We did get a call in from management on the first night who were concerned about the location of our fire, which was dangerously placed away from everything and on a nice flat gravel surface….:flame:

We found our sites on Friday night, and thanks to a few members already being there we could find it. A few more signs might have been better, but it wasn’t too much of a hassle. The site itself was pretty much the largest we’ve parked on since we had the entire park to ourselves at Lake Eppalock. The services turret (inc. water, power and sullage) was a little far away, but managed to get there with an extensions for the water and someone else’s turret for power! Other than that, it was well grassed and large enough for everything we brought. A nice change from Robe at Easter!

The park is sandwiched between the Goulburn River and Lake Nagambie and has some really beautiful river scenery. Had we brought the rods, I reckon I could have dropped them in from @davemc ‘s cabin.

The park has a couple of well kitted out playgrounds and every kid's favourite, the jumping pillow. A beautiful pool was also in attendance and looked brilliant. Thankfully though the arctic temps had forces the management to lock the gates. Only polar bears and penguins would have been at home…

We were allowed fires, which allowed us to have a great venue for evening get together. Without it, it would have been a lot poorer I believe. Almost a prerequisite I believe for all EDU get-togethers!

Clean amenities and games room were also available and about standard “fare”. Apparently there was some hefty deposits for the remote controls though!

Overall we really enjoyed our time at this park, and I don’t think people would be disappointed calling in here.

A great venue for our catch up.

Staff: 6/10
Site: 8/10
Facilities 8/10
Price: 6/10
X Factor: 6/10

Overall: 7/10
Relevant threads:

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/th...-may-will-be-the-next-group-meet.6747/page-12

IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPG DSC_0092.JPG DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0097.JPG DSC_0098.JPG DSC_0102.JPG DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0125.JPG

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We only paid $40 for 2 adults and 1 child also got the top tourist discount. I thought the sms code for the gate access prior to arrival was a great idea made check in easy. The lady at the desk was very friendly to us . The weather was absolutely fantastic .