mould mildew problem on 2007 1649-1

maso335

Sep 4, 2012
Hi i have what appears to be a mould or mildew problem on the canvas on the top inside of the bed area nothing on the outside. Firstly what is causing it to happen & secondly what can i do to remove it . I have tried oil of cloves ,rubbing alcohol, salt & vinegar, sugar soap. all to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem if so i look forward to hearing from you. Thanks maso335

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We had a 2007 that got mould on the inside of the bed ends. At some time it's had moisture which has created the spores which now live in that fabric. We end up using a diluted solution of domestos and a soft brush. Be careful around stiching as the chlorine will dissolve it. Pretty much the only thing we found to get rid of it and kill the spores so it didn't readily comeback. It's not an ideal fix.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi maso, never had the problem but a mate used vinegar on his tent and that worked, however you said that didn't work for you. What about bleach? Maybe use in a inconspicuous spot first to make sure you don't remove colour, other than that and what Jim suggested, maybe remove canvas and hit it with a gernie and let dry throughly.

Cheers.

Frank Forshaw

Aug 21, 2012
perth WA
we had it in the finch ,got some mould remover from somewhere and it worked a treat ,never came back at all not sure where it came from but found it on the net