20' Series Mixer tap leak

Lap Dog

Jan 13, 2017
Currently on the big Lap
Hello all

Just shaking the van down for Chimbo. The kitchen mixer tap is leaking and I just assumed it would be a common issue but my searches so far haven’t yielded anything. Should I just go to the big green shed and get a cheaply cadenza (as recommended in the loose tap thread)... not sure if I want to replace the cartridge with another crap one.... or is there some easy fix?

Thanks

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
I just replaced mine. I went for the replacement option as I didn't have time to chase parts. I believe that problem was simply the 2 rubber O rings at the top and bottom of the spout section of the tap.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As @icetechaus said just bin it and get a new one, same as a house mixer once they start to leak its just easier to replace the whole thing as sourcing a new part even an O ring can be frustrating, I have a couple of boxes with a good 200 various sized O rings and none fitted.....nearly but not quite.

Hylux

Sep 1, 2017
Newcastle
did a mates recently - just pull it apart and change the cartridge inside, available at Bunnings think it was $12

just need an Allen key and shifter. No need to disconnect the hoses or whole tap

Reactions: Lap Dog

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
did a mates recently - just pull it apart and change the cartridge inside, available at Bunnings think it was $12

just need an Allen key and shifter. No need to disconnect the hoses or whole tap

Your an RC bugga @Hylux , that sort of thing never happens for me..........................

Lap Dog

Jan 13, 2017
Currently on the big Lap
Sorry missed the last couple of posts as I was already at the big green shed getting a new tap - didn't realise the cartridges were so cheap ... I have paid nearly $100 for a cartridge. Anyway, the Mondelle Cadenza didn't have the big plastic collar on the bottom (as noted in the 'loose tap thread') ... maybe they changed the design. Ended up with the Shaw and Mason ($60, Compare.JPGLine twist.JPGInstall.JPGCompare.JPGLine twist.JPGInstall.JPG6litre/minute) although the neck of the tap doesn't extend as far out as the original. The original took a 10mm socket to get off pretty easily ... and I took off the short draw at the hinges to access it. New tap on the right ... rated 6litres and not the normal 7.5 and therefore smaller diameter lines. The hoses are slightly shorter than standard but still fit.

Compare.JPG

Remember with the collar ... part assemble and thread the last line through insitu ... because you won't get the big end joiners thru the collar.

Install.JPG

It's a 3 handed job to prevent this...

Line twist.JPG

Thanks again!

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good reply, I hate doing sinks easier to argue with a salseman about a new van..