NSW Merimbula Beach Holiday Park

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
We have been regulars to the Merimbula Beach Holiday Park, particularly around the Australia Day long weekend for the past five years. Website address is http://www.merimbulabeachholidaypark.com.au/

It is a well run park, and offers a range of features. There are two swimming pools, tennis court, kids club that is very well run with activities throughout the day, cafe/restaurant, jumping pillow, bands that regularly come and play in the evenings, and fantastic views of the ocean. The staff are very helpful and friendly. There is also a varied array of wild life in and around the park, from the sea eagle that flys over head every afternoon from around 4:30pm to 5:00pm, a rock wallaby, and more recently an echidna searching for a meal in the dirt.

Each year we re-book an ensuite site, and make use of the side wall of the ensuite to watch the Australian Open Tennis, with my LCD projector. We sit around at night watching the tennis off the ensuite with our neighbours in the park, and enjoy having the odd beer or scotch. Each year my girls, now aged 18 and 16, and my wife always look forward to our regular holiday in Merimbula. This time we had a total of two weeks in the park, and we are again looking forward to returning in 2014. The colour of the water in Merimbula is just amazing.

This is Bar Beach, which also has a cafe where you can order a drink and your lunch directly off the beach.

2013-01-31 13.16.59.jpg

Our site

2013-01-23 17.47.21.jpg

One of the pools in the park

2012-01-24 13.09.40.jpg

Watching the Australian Open Tennis

2013-01-25 21.17.05.jpg

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Second that, we have been twice now. A few years ago and most recent being from Boxing Day over the new year.

We to have rebooked for the same period next year and can't wait...

Only downside of course is that we are running out of duplicate vital organs to sell on the black market to pay for the site :)

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
We have spent alot of time at big4 and coming back for 12 days at Easter, we have been alot of places for some reason Merimula is my favorite place.we always stay at merimbula on our return trips even on the way back from Gold coast we did 3 nights. Stayed at Tathra with friends Xmas just gone had Xmas day there before we headed to jervis bay for three weeks and the Big 4 there was great.they come around with a Xmas card bottle of wine and chocolate on Xmas day.nice of them we thought.