Melbourne & Great Ocean Road - A work in Progress

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi guys,
Just getting this started..... This will be work in progress over the next few weeks so for now, just a couple of GOR photos to keep Deano happy :)

IMG_0110 edit.jpg

IMG_0140 edit web.jpg

IMG_0158 edit web.jpg

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Can't recommend GOR strongly enough.
Also just pause to reflect that the road was built by returned servicemen to honour their fallen comrades in WW1. Mostly built by hand originally.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
BOD, it's pretty amazing isn't it! Especially given the tools they probably had to do it!

Anyway, more photos.... this is where out van went. I had quite a few clients to visit so didn't get time to take many photos of the parks themselves.

Port Campbell - Loved this little park. Right on the beach and along side a sandy creek. Would be great with the kids in the warmer weather. New modern amenities and we felt good value for money.
IMG_0171.jpg

Angelsea - Huge park with beach access. Heaps of things for the kids (jumping pillow, multiple playgrounds, pool, adults gym, spa, kiosk) As it was holidays was pretty busy and for the facilities was pricing was reasonable.
IMG_0264.jpg

Bendigo - This park they are trying to do up at the moment. Has a jumping pillow and playground and I think maybe a pool??? Didn't really get a chance to look around.
IMG_0286.jpg

Narrabri - Only saw this park in the dark. We had some trouble with their power and had to try a few before it worked. Seemed really expensive for what it was ($53 overnight with 8 year old, pretty sure the toddler wasn't charged).
IMG_0651.jpg

Narrandera - This was a nice older park. Playground and pools for the kids and good value for money considering what we paid in Narrabri.
IMG_0677.jpg

Set up in Melbourne (love our new bed ends) - Melbourne was pretty expensive given it was holidays. $62/night for 2 adults and 1 child. I was in a seminar most of the week so didn't use any of the park facilities. I believe the kids used the playground and the pool looked nice but it was way too cold.
IMG_9779.jpg

Melbourne
IMG_9798.jpg

Warrnambool - Nice park though didn't spend anytime there. There was an indoor heated pool there but I didn't get a chance to have a look.
IMG_9949.jpg

Cobram (was so crazy trying to organise a new hitch we didn't get one with the park sign) Small park with a playground for the kids. Tidy amenities and the owners were really nice and when they found out what happened while we were in town we so helpful.
IMG_9979.jpg

Connabarabran (left at 3am so again missed one with the park sign). This park had an old playground (kids didn't care), and I think a pool. We only saw this park in the dark.

IMG_9987.jpg

These aren't in order sorry.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Great Shots Andrea.
What camera gear do you use?
Cheers
Ants
Ants, mostly a 7d with a 40d backup and an assortment of lenses. First time trying landscape photography and most of the landscape shots were using a variable ND filter (usually a portrait person). I know I need to get some weights for my tripod!! It was so windy when we were down there

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Ant it is. The wind was just too much for the long exposure. Thankfully canvas is very forgiving... Especially when we have the entire road trip printed over it. The inland (no wind) photos are fine though. I generally shoot at f2.8 cause i dont want the landscape (lol) so still finding the sweet spot for my narrow f stops