Media Gallery / Photobucket

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi everyone, friendly public service announcement.

About a month back PhotoBucket realised the worst fears of many and took a drastic measures to block photos of users who didn't have a paid up account.

This in turn destroyed many forums across the interwebs as media (Images / Videos) hosted on PhotoBucket were instantly blocked and replaced with an image advising to upgrade your account.

Not one to comment on PhotoBuckets business model I do appreciate the "why" of what was done.

That said we made a decision to extract as many images as we could, re upload those images to our server to host them and correct the posts associated.

This was a massive task some where around 5k images since the dawn of time and it certainly wasn't perfect but as good as we get.

If you spot any PhotoBucket default images please contact me directly to see what can be done.

To assist moving forward I encourage you to use the FREE media gallery provided by Expandas Downunder.

It operates the same way as PhotoBucket, you can load images, create galleries and share those images across the forum here or the internet as you please.

Importantly we have no intention of making such a move as PhotoBucket and understand the importance of images and media hosting to the vibrant exploring community we have here.

If you got this far without tuning out there is quite a major upgrade coming for both the site on a whole and the media gallery which will significantly improve the user experience so I encourage you to have a play now.

@relgate
@cruza driver
@chartrock
@Bushman
@Moto Moto

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On a Jeep Forum I think I used a similar photo hosting site a lot and when they did the same thing a lot of techo pics went west which made the maintenance info useless.........on here I have I just copied to the site.

Reactions: bigcol