VIC Mallacoota Foreshore Caravan Park

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Good morning Australia! Our beautiful little camp spot for a few nights. Mallacoota foreshore caravan park - $22 per night for a powered waterfront site.
image.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
A great place jacbaz. I lived there many years ago. Always amused me at holiday time watching people launch and retrieve their boats in a fast moving current!
I'd recommend a walk over the other side of the inlet to lake barracuda. Real wilderness county.

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Baz put a line in today ... No luck (and no boat this trip which doesn't make for a happy husband!!!) We come up here a fair bit but the channels have all changed, so having fun today watching boats 'fly' across the front and coming to an abrupt halt on the sand bars! Lots of wet ankles pushing the boats back the way they came from! Absolutely love this place and lots of flatties when we were up here at Easter @macca. We've been coming up here for about 14 years and have yet to walk to Lake Barracuda @twscoot ... on the list (finally did Genoa Peak a couple of years ago!!!) Our problem is, once we get here we go into 'chill mode' !!!

Reactions: twscoot

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Ps @crustt ... the new break wall they're building seems to have destroyed the original break, but Baz says the break could well be better in a couple of years with the shifting sands ... here's hoping!

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah I was thinking that, it just has to fill up with sand behind the wall and then spill out around the end of it.
It's an ugly pile of rocks, thought they stopped doing stuff like that in the 1960's.