Mains Water

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Hey all,
I'm all set up at Shoalhaven Heads but cant get mains water. Ive filled the tanks so we're surviving although the problem can only be within the pressure regulator.
I've tapped it with the hammer but that didn't work.
Any ideas????????

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Turtle.
I had this once where I watched crap from the mains tap enter into the van. (Yes I watched it and was too slow in turning the tap of:doh:)
I have one of those hose connectors that automatically cuts out the water flow unless it is actually connected to something.
Because of the automatic blocking I can get pressure building up in the hose.

So to unblock the system I turned on the sink tap and just continually connected / disconnected the hose rapidly at the caravan inlet point.
The changing water pressure was enough to dislodge the blockage.
I did make sure the pump was turned off first though before doing this.

Brad

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Turtle, there should be one of those black plastic inline filters under the van, make sure it isn't blocked, i'm not sure connecting to a-frame tap will help I'm sure there is a series of one way valves that prevent reverse water flow.

All else fails there's a Jayco dealer in South Nowra not far away, give them a call.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
I know this may sound really simple but you have got the switch on the water heater turned on, I neglected to do this and we could not get mains water flowing through, a quick call to jayco made me feel like i could not find the any key on the computer keyboard.:faint:

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
We're all good now. A trip the Jayco Nowra for some good fault finding advice and then a return trip for a new pressure regulator and all is well.
I'll pull the old unit apart when we get home and try and fix it (keep a spare).