20' Series LPG and CO monitors

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Afternoon Brainstrust.

We are currently having a gas heater installed in a 20.64.1 OB

As we intend to leave the heater on low overnight (when required) Mrs Macca has requested I install a monitor. So I figure if I am putting a monitor in, why not montor for both LPG and CO.

I know in theory it is no different to the fridge running overnight, however we are also intending to live in the van for 6+ months do a lap in the not to distant future so it seems like a sound investment.

And preference or recommendations for either as to which I should buy?

I was thinking of this one for the CO monitor - http://quell.com.au/product/carbon-monoxide-digital-display-alarm/ and mounting it just above the seat slide out, next to the fridge (the heater is being installed under the fridge).

I will most likely mount the LPG monitor next to the fire extinguisher near the foot well of the door.

Thoughts, feedback or recommendations? Mounting points as well.

Thanks in advance.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
LPG monitor best to mount low down preferably in the cupboard space where gas lines run to fridge/stove sort of thing, if outside by the time it detects gas your cupboards may be ready to blow.

CO monitor anywhere up high where the gas will gather first.

Gas heater like the Fridge/HWS the burner area is sealed from the inside of van so shouldn't vent inside but fitment of LPG and CO monitors is always a good thing, I wonder why no one does it in a house ??????

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
LPG monitor best to mount low down preferably in the cupboard space where gas lines run to fridge/stove sort of thing, if outside by the time it detects gas your cupboards may be ready to blow.

CO monitor anywhere up high where the gas will gather first.

Gas heater like the Fridge/HWS the burner area is sealed from the inside of van so shouldn't vent inside but fitment of LPG and CO monitors is always a good thing, I wonder why no one does it in a house ??????
Funny you mention that - I have been *asked* to get 2 x CO monitors while I am at it - 1 for home.

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
If your gas heater is under the fridge, where will the inlet/outlet be, we couldn't fit ours under the fridge as they would of been to close to the fridge vent.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
If your gas heater is under the fridge, where will the inlet/outlet be, we couldn't fit ours under the fridge as they would of been to close to the fridge vent.
I pick it up this afternoon and will take some picks. He mentioned something about it needing to be 400mm from any other LPG device (I may have that wrong)