Look out Australia......here we come.

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
CARAVAN 035.jpgCARAVAN 045.jpgCARAVAN 037.jpgPicked up our new Expanda from Peter last weekend at Warburton Caravans in Bundy. Unreal service.....so glad we went with these guys. Can't say enough good things about them. 11 weeks till our big trip around Australia. Busy adding in all of the little extras to have it ready in time. Love everything about the van. Was worried about having to fit all of our worldly posessions in for us and the two kids but there seems to be plenty of storage areas....Love it, love it.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Best of luck with the trip, This is one fantastic country we have it will be a terrific experience for you & your kids.
Are you keeping a record of your travels? We keep a journal of all our trips & find it's a great read years later to remind you of all the little things you might otherwise forget. Just takes a little dicipline to keep making entries each day but well worth it.

Enjoy, Paul

Jewel70

Oct 9, 2011
Mackay, Qld
Hi we are looking at going through Warburton as well. We have only had contact via one email dealing with Peter so far. (early stages yet) We are looking at the 17-56-1, can u let me know what extra's you got please? We are very new to all this and really don't have a lot of knowledge about the caravans. At the moment they are a little cheaper then up here in Mackay.

Thanks.

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Hi PMK. I am a teacher and one of my things for the kids will be to update the blog for family and friends. Have been spending all weekend adding little extras. Thanks everyone on this website for the great ideas-shower curtain, spice racks, tv stand, suction cap shower accessories.

Hi Jewel70
It was all new to us also. Spent many weeks researching prices, extras etc right down to Sydney. Warburton far outdid everyone and Peter was unbelievable. We set the van up for free camping so pretty much got all of the extras-solar, external shower, extended drawbar, drop down table, roof top air con, wind up antenna, external bayonet, external speakers. Cant tell you how much we love it. We went to the Brisbane Caravan and Camping Expo and went through every brand and model available and Jayco was definately the best. Both in price and our needs. We have two kids, 6 & 8 and think this van is going to be ideal for our Australia trip. Will try and take some more photos for you to give you a better idea. Go with Peter and make sure you tell him Natalie recommended him. I am sure he thought I was a demanding woman and he would probably get a kick out of that. Anyway let me know if I can help any further.
Cheers

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks bigman. We are soooooo excited. Pete put the airbags on the Triton once we got home. Peter from Warburton arranged our van early so that I could pick it up on our way home from Brisbane unexpectedly. I had bought the airbags whilst I was in Brisbane so Pete hadn't had time to put them on. He tried in Bundy but the car was too loaded up with our holiday stuff. Haven't had the van on with them yet but they certainly look like they do the job.
Have you had many adventures in yours yet. We have been in ours all weekend doing stuff and hope to give it a trial run around Yeppoon somewhere next weekend. We are so happy with it. Think it is going to be perfect for our trip around Australia.
Nat

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Congrats Nat,
they are the perfect van for travelling with kids. I sold a full size triple bunk van to get an Expanda for our trip last year and don't regret it one bit. The only unfortunate thing was that I didn't get time to do any mods to it as we picked it up 5 days before departure....

Have fun.

Matty.

Jewel70

Oct 9, 2011
Mackay, Qld
Thanks for the info. Yes, we went to the expo as well and kept going back to the Jayco. We are going to give Peter a ring this week and hash it all out.

Thanks

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
AGNES WATER 024.jpgAGNES WATER 025.jpgAGNES WATER 032.jpg
Second trip done and dusted to Agnes Water Caravan Park. Gorgeous Spot. Now all we want to do is go. Only eight weeks to go.....

Hi Wandering Willies,
We are heading south for the summer. NSW, VIC, TAS, SA and then up through the middle to be in Darwin around April/May. 1st January is our official departure date......