Locking slide bot on rear bed

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Just wondering has anyone added a lock to the other side of the rear bed? We find the strain on the single lock may eventually lead to a break so are thinking of adding one to the other side.
Cheers Jenny :couch2:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Jenny,
Funny you mention this because since having this new van I was amazed as to how tight the rear bed was to close. So much so that I have to get inside the van and pull on the mattress to make more room to close the bed end. Do you have the same issue? I was wondering if this was a bit of a design flaw with the van.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Brad
I think it's due to the mattress but as its so tight we thought the extra lock would take strain off single lock. It's being fitted tomorrow so will post on forum how it goes.
Cheers Jenny

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
What's the reasoning behind wanting / needing two? I guessing but I suspect the bolt is only there to stop the bed from falling on your head when you open the hard lid and is required because the back of the van is very vertical compared to the front. On balance there should be very little stress put on the bolt given it's distance from the hinge.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
For me I read a review on a Expanda that did the GRR one of only two things that failed was the rear bed catch. The bed locks much squarer in the frame with two also.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Buts that's the problem with the 18.57.5 version. The bed is packed so tight that you virtually need to force the bed end to close.
I am going to complain about this for our first service.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
What's the reasoning behind wanting / needing two? I guessing but I suspect the bolt is only there to stop the bed from falling on your head when you open the hard lid and is required because the back of the van is very vertical compared to the front. On balance there should be very little stress put on the bolt given it's distance from the hinge.

YOu are right, but I with ours the first latch would let go on rougher roads, leading to the bed rubbing against the hard roof, which I didn't want.

Jayco installed a second one for me for about $60 from memory.