Hi all

Did the stupid thing of locking the keys inside the Van,

Does anyone know how to get in to an Expanda that is locked shut :flame:

Cheers

Stuart

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Got the NRMA out to unlock it. Jayco Roadside said they would do the same but charge us for it. NRMA is free with our road side...

He did it in about 5 mins... Love to have these skills to be able to pick locks :lock1:

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor
good news about the getting unlocked.

on my expanda you need the key to lock the door from outside. i tried to lock it while the door was open and it wouldn't. just wondering how you managed to get the door locked with keys inside? i dont want to do same mistake lol.

wizzer

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
good news about the getting unlocked.

on my expanda you need the key to lock the door from outside. i tried to lock it while the door was open and it wouldn't. just wondering how you managed to get the door locked with keys inside? i dont want to do same mistake lol.

wizzer

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, cant lock mine without the key, in saying that when away the wife has the spares in her bag for van and car. The other way in, if it's a pop-top assuming the van is set up and you have ladder and are skinny enough, is to peel away the screen in roof. only heald in with velcro

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
There is a small button on the inside of the lock handle inside the door. If you push this you can lock the lock and shut the door. They delivery of the van they showed us this. The issue i had is before i shut the door i felt in my pocket and felt the key. Problem was is once I pulled the key out it was for the Pathy and not the Jayco :(

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
There is a small button on the inside of the lock handle inside the door. If you push this you can lock the lock and shut the door. They delivery of the van they showed us this. The issue i had is before i shut the door i felt in my pocket and felt the key. Problem was is once I pulled the key out it was for the Pathy and not the Jayco :(

HHHHMMMM will have to go have a look at mine, we were never shown that, only the normal latch to lock from inside.

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor

Well i'll be stuffed. I had a look at mine and yes the small button is there and i can lock the door without the key. Now I will have to try and forget about the small button because it will definately catch me out one day lol.

cheers
wizzer

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well I just went and had a look a my lock, yep there's a little button there, but there is no way I can get the door to lock without the key, the button depresses when the door is closed and allows the key to turn, with the door in the open postion I press the button "nothing" I couldn't even lock it using the internal latch then closing the door unless the button was depressed, same using the key.

I locked the door in the open postion and the door wouldn't close :noidea:

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor
Well I just went and had a look a my lock, yep there's a little button there, but there is no way I can get the door to lock without the key, the button depresses when the door is closed and allows the key to turn, with the door in the open postion I press the button "nothing" I couldn't even lock it using the internal latch then closing the door unless the button was depressed, same using the key.

I locked the door in the open postion and the door wouldn't close :noidea:

What i was able to do is, open door, push in little button then slide down internal locking mechanism at same time. This made the door go into its locked position. Then I just pushed the door closed and it was locked with no key used.

wizzer