Electrical Location of the Sphere Wireless light controller Expanda OB 17.56-2

Josh8823

May 19, 2020
Newcastle
Gday,
After painfully searching online and throughout the van, I am unable to find where the control unit for the wireless lights is located.

I am having the quick shut off issue on my external wall mounted awning light, and need to reset the channel on the controller.

Does anyone know the location of the Sphere Wireless lighting control unit?

Thanks in advance.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Depending on the model van. My Journey has it mounted under the dining seat on top of the Setec power supply. Other members may come come up with other model positions.

Josh8823

May 19, 2020
Newcastle
Apologies, Model is in the title. 2015 Expanda Outback 17.56-2.

I have explored most locations. Following cabling, its a sneaky location.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Depends on the year i think. The 2020 model has it under the fridge, the older models would have had it near the battery?

Josh8823

May 19, 2020
Newcastle
Under the fridge is the Setec power management (face plate with fuses) and MCB for batteries, unless the light controller is behind the Setec (requiring the control panel to be removed to access).

I have installed a second AGM battery and diesel heater under one seat, (only contains batteries, heater and break away controller) and under second seat in the hot water system.

Josh8823

May 19, 2020
Newcastle
SOLVED.
Jayco Expanda Outback 17.56-2 2015 wireless light controller
Found the Sphere wireless lighting controller unit.
See picture, it is below the rear bed / single seat. Next cupboard to the right of the fridge / Setec controller

The lighting channel that was 'turning on and then off' was in pulse mode. Following the instructions below it was an easy fix after locating the control unit.

"Here's the fix
Each channel has two modes Toggle ( Normal) and Pulse Mode
If the LED's are permently ON, on a particular channel then it has gone into Pulse Mode
To return each channel to Toggle mode
Disconnect power to the unit by removing the connector, hold down the relevant channel button and reattach the connector to power up.
The channel button must be held down and be released quickly while the light flashes orange."
- Credit ortongeoff (Caravanersforum.com)
20200520_092733.jpg

20200520_093029.jpg