Little bit excited-Van pick up next week!!!!

kimlouise

Jan 19, 2012
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Got the call on Friday to say our new baby can come home next week!!! Does anyone have any advise about the handover process? Is there anything in particular we should check, double check and triple check before it leaves the dealership? Once she comes home the countdown begins for our WA adventure!!!!!!:cheer2:

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
Hi Kimlouise
Well done the wait is nearly over
The hand over uusually takes about 1.5 hours and they tell you evrything you need to know
I think they tell you to much info at the one time and might become confuusing
If you have the hotwater system make sure you find out how it all works with the gas is pretty simple but 240 can be confusing with the switch in the unit and a power point in the van
Make sure you know how the awning works and goes down again
The wife forgot to tell me that unless the cook top lid is 100% up it wont work.Found that out after trying to get it working after half an hour it wasnt quite all the way up.
Most of all ask all the questions you have
Hope this any help
Cheers and congrats Jim/Tab and Diamond

Reactions: kimlouise

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I would advise checking all hinges, cupboards and moving parts (inc drawer latches) Also have a look at the silicone work esp in the shower (if your getting one).

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
I have to agree with Relgate, make sure all doors latch, make sure you have hot and cold water at all taps!!!!!! & the best advice I could give is to make sure you try everything on every setting.

eg fridge on gas, 12v & 240. HWS on gas & 240v. water draws from both tanks. lights and electrical run on 240 & 12volt.

the other thing worth double checking is getting the bed ends opened & set up & closed up, just so youre sure where the steel frames sit when they are closed up.

good luck with the new van, you will have a ball!:clap2: