Leveling a dual axle trailer with independant suspension

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi Guys,

Waiting on delivery of our new 20.64.1 Expanda OB

When I'm looking for leveling ramps, do I need 1 or 2 given it has dual axles and independent suspension?

Thanks in advance.

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
I use two on mine, but if you get some make sure one fits between the wheels, the ones I have are two piece, when free camping we also dig a hole or two to level van depending on ground.

Reactions: bigcol and Macca_75

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm lazy I just use one or a block of wood, have found one wheel lifted will get it level with no ill effects, saves a lot of ginning around.. At the moment Big Mal has a 25mm block under one wheel to get it level . (Big Mal has 265 75 x 16's)..
Only need to carry one ramp to go with the 6 wood blocks for under the stands....................seen some folks stuffing around for ages then get the s;;its when I roll mine on one and it's done.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I'm lazy I just use one or a block of wood, have found one wheel lifted will get it level with no ill effects, saves a lot of ginning around.. At the moment Big Mal has a 25mm block under one wheel to get it level . (Big Mal has 265 75 x 16's)..
Only need to carry one ramp to go with the 6 wood blocks for under the stands....................seen some folks stuffing around for ages then get the s;;its when I roll mine on one and it's done.

Do you have independent @Drover ? One works okay on load sharing duals. actually there used to be a trick for load sharing 4 wheel vans you ran up one till level then placed the other in front and rolled the other way down till it was even in both and it would be the same. Iam with with Mf and gone back to using one where I can on the jtech suspended vans but it only works so far. but if I was buying Ramps again I'd buy those andersons or the smaller ramps that fit between the wheels. The two piece ones are a pain. If I was buying a van again I'd so try and get air suspension which you can level from inside with push of a button while having a quite ale!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Do you have independent @Drover If I was buying a van again I'd so try and get air suspension which you can level from inside with push of a button while having a quite ale!

You've given me an idea @achjimmy. I already can inflate and deflate my Polyair bags on the tug from inside the cab, time to investigate Polyair's with the JTECH independent now.

Love the idea.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep they are independant, can't recall what Corromal call the set up.................Individual air bags with an auto level controller shouldn't cost much...........................lol.

Reactions: bigcol

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Reactions: bigcol and Drover

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Reactions: Drover and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
These bad boys are around $4,500 -

Cowabunga !!!!!!!!! add that to the van mover thingy's at about $5K, and not only is the wallet cactus but the weight allowance on van would more than likely be maxed out, save a lot of packing though...................................unlike the others above I will stick to my $6 spirit level from Supercheap and handraulic vertical position unit.